A different 9th gen....2013 Accord

Installed the hitch on the cat today. Still need to trim some plastic piece and put it back on.

The wheels in that pic looked pretty cool. They're not really my style but cool looking nonetheless.

:wave:

I saw a '13 Accord Coupe a few days ago. I really like them. I haven't sat it/drove one but I like the looks of the coupe...

Hmmm... Should I trade in the Subie on one.. :think:

I think it would be alot more comfy....nice on power is you get the V6.

you're considering getting rid of the wrx?

Possibly. Its just a thought. :think:

I am driving for work more now. From govt site to govt site.

I guess I could get a DD like a cheap beater but I don't know.

I think it would be alot more comfy....nice on power is you get the V6.

How's the MPGs compare vs the 4-cylinder?

I think once I get new suspension (my struts have 100k on them/springs have 85k+) and fix my fuel pump sending unit issue I will be more happy with her.

She does have 100k miles on her and is almost 6 years old. (Production date was November 2006 tho - I found paper work on her lol)

A new ride for the new year!

2013 Accord Sport with the CVT trans. :hiding: in white orchid pearl.

Ended up paying a little below msrp with a lifetime powertrain warranty. I paid a little extra for a 6yr 72k mile maint pkg and a 6yr 72k mile "no questions asked" warranty that covers everything other than wear items. If I don't use the "no q asked" warranty, then I get the money back that I pad for it.

I chose to buy from Scott Clark Honda since they are the only Honda dealer to offer the powertrain warranty and my friend knows one of the techs that will be the only person touching my car when it goes in for service.

This is a CIVIC forum Nomar... Jeez! :D

Btw, did Pop ever square you away with those sway bar brackets?

Hmmmz.....one place has $195 for Suntek carbon tint or a different place at $289 for Lumar Ceramic tint? This second place also has Lumar "reg" film for $150.

SpeedStyles, or Bruce (who broke away from SpeedStyles to open his own shop right across the friggin street, lol) would probably be able to tint for a decent price. Think I paid $150 for the Si. The black guy (can't remember his name atm, but has the Borg & Warner S300 powered RSXS is like some sort of a Tint God or something. Never had a tint job look as clean before.

Last edited:
from their site -
24/34 - 6 speed 4cyl
26/35 - CVT 4 cyl
21/34 - V6
maybe mr nomar can comment on real life figures

But over 30k for an Accord????? I loved my old Accord but the new pricing is why I am currently in a civic.

2013 Accord Coupe EX-L: $30,350
2013 Nissan 370Z Coupe: $33,120

I dunno Honduh......

I know right? Although you can actually use the Accord as your only car and drive it year round. The Z really has to be a second car IMO. But JEEEEEZZEEE its close....

But over 30k for an Accord????? I loved my old Accord but the new pricing is why I am currently in a civic.

I dunno Honduh......
Well, you're comparing a base 370z with an EX-L accord. Lol.

A base 370Z doesn't really have much sportiness to it. It doesn't have the sport suspension, LSD, or sport brakes.

from their site -
24/34 - 6 speed 4cyl
26/35 - CVT 4 cyl
21/34 - V6

I would like to go with a 6 speed but I'd probably go with an automatic. Better for work with driving around and the wife can drive it also.

I wouldn't consider the accord a "sports car"...
I can't see many shoppers looking at a Z, & then cross shopping it with a FWD accord coupe as well. I could be wrong though.

if you're looking at the v6 coupe 6 speed manual, that's a different figure -
18 / 28

the sedan v6 only comes in an auto.

This is a CIVIC forum Nomar... Jeez! :D

Btw, did Pop ever square you away with those sway bar brackets?

Didn't call him yet....might do that spacer thing I was talking to you about. Not sure I can get the clearance with modifying the brackets.

SpeedStyles, or Bruce (who broke away from SpeedStyles to open his own shop right across the friggin street, lol) would probably be able to tint for a decent price. Think I paid $150 for the Si. The black guy (can't remember his name atm, but has the Borg & Warner S300 powered RSXS is like some sort of a Tint God or something. Never had a tint job look as clean before.

I'm eyeballing the ceramic tint....Speedstyles told me like $500 but another shop told me $300 and it is close to work(easy to do during the work week). Although I might go back to "reg" tint. Not sure I want to spend that much.....

from their site -
24/34 - 6 speed 4cyl
26/35 - CVT 4 cyl
21/34 - V6

On paper they aren't too far off and same goes for real world. Check out Driveaccord.net. I'm seeing lower numbers but I mainly do all city diving and my drive to work is 4 miles. Hurting the MPGs.

I dunno Honduh......

Same here.....that's why I went with the 4 banger Sport model. There isn't enough upgrades to justify the extra $5k+ price tag.

Could wait till Sept. rolls around and check out the new Merc CLA. Starts at 30k.

Yeah! Im interested to see what they bring with that CLA.

I wouldn't consider the accord a "sports car"...

Of course it's a sports car! It only has 2 doors! hahaha true though, it's not really even close markets on the Z and the Accord.

Someone has a nice black one at my work and another guy has the ex-l in blue. The black one is all fitted with HFP 18s. They both look freakin great. More eye catching than the Z cause it's unexpected from a well known "family car".

Last edited:
Back