A different 9th gen....2013 Accord

how are you liking the CVT so far? did you ever sort out the jerkiness issues you were having? I might be needing a bigger car and was looking at the accords, but it kills me that only two colors are available with the 6-spd and i've never been fans of Honda's CVTs, but this one is supposed to be better.

My wife went from a 2010 Insight to a 2013 and the difference in the responsiveness is night and day as far as the CVT goes...well, except for reverse. It takes a few seconds to register if you turn the car on and shift into reverse right away.

I foresee that looking really good. We need pics of it installed

Hopefully it fits....these are emblems I found in a box from the 8thgen lol....

Last edited:
how are you liking the CVT so far? did you ever sort out the jerkiness issues you were having? I might be needing a bigger car and was looking at the accords, but it kills me that only two colors are available with the 6-spd and i've never been fans of Honda's CVTs, but this one is supposed to be better.

I'm liking it. Still have that jerking feeling when it downshifts into 1st when coming to a stop. Felt really good when doing a bunch of shifting in Sport mode at the dragon and the car handled very well.

I'm getting the lowered end mpg numbers but my commute is 4 miles to work. If I had more money I would of gone for the V6 since they are getting the same mileage as the I4s from what I have been reading. Then again, at that price point there are more car options.

My wife went from a 2010 Insight to a 2013 and the difference in the responsiveness is night and day as far as the CVT goes...well, except for reverse. It takes a few seconds to register if you turn the car on and shift into reverse right away.
I'm liking it. Still have that jerking feeling when it downshifts into 1st when coming to a stop. Felt really good when doing a bunch of shifting in Sport mode at the dragon and the car handled very well.

I'm getting the lowered end mpg numbers but my commute is 4 miles to work. If I had more money I would of gone for the V6 since they are getting the same mileage as the I4s from what I have been reading. Then again, at that price point there are more car options.

Thanks for all your input. I've always bought manual cars, but my wife can't drive a stick and they're getting harder and harder to come by.

That was the other thing I meant to ask, was if the paddle shifters would let you hold the simulated "gears" like a proper manual or good steptronic auto would. I liked the autos in the bmws for the fact that shifting with the tiptronic function would let it hold the gears right up to redline. If it's anything like that, or even like the one in the Fit, I'd probably be okay driving it. I just remember test driving customers in the insight with the paddle shifters, and those things weren't worth crap, as the rpms would still fluctuate up and down. It was almost like the clutch was slipping in a manual, but really it was doing its CVT thing instead of holding the ratio you pick.

Thanks for all your input. I've always bought manual cars, but my wife can't drive a stick and they're getting harder and harder to come by.

That was the other thing I meant to ask, was if the paddle shifters would let you hold the simulated "gears" like a proper manual or good steptronic auto would. I liked the autos in the bmws for the fact that shifting with the tiptronic function would let it hold the gears right up to redline. If it's anything like that, or even like the one in the Fit, I'd probably be okay driving it. I just remember test driving customers in the insight with the paddle shifters, and those things weren't worth crap, as the rpms would still fluctuate up and down. It was almost like the clutch was slipping in a manual, but really it was doing its CVT thing instead of holding the ratio you pick.

The paddle shifters blow.

Filling time while waiting for the retro parts to come in.....

IMG_20130506_222647_200_zpsf600d5c9.jpg

Ricey

When your in Sport mode you can hold the gears to redline. I think, at some point when it gets to redline it shifts up on it's own but not 100% on that. I was hovering around 6k in second on the dragon for most of the time.

When your in D and want to pass you can hit the " - " to downshift to give it some power to get around a car. Then the tranny will shift back to a "normal gear" to bring down the rpms.

The paddle shifters blow.

This being my first CVT and paddle shift car ever............I like them, I rarely used them, but still like them.

Looky what came in today.....

CIMG4002_zps7ab1fdfc.jpg

V6 headlight with the DRL LED. TSX projectors, Morimoto HID kit and TSX_R clear lens are all on the way here. Now I need to order a right side headlight from CHH.

Last edited:
Have you looked at how that projector comes out of the stock housing? Hopefully it's a simple process? Some of the stock designs mold the projector frame into the back plastic housing, which would make removing it a nightmare. The TL comes to mind.

Looks to be screwed in by 3 small screws. Should be pretty easy to take out. The challenge will be mounting the TSX to those 3 mounting spots.

Biggest thing will be powering the DRL. It uses a 3 prong connector but I think the halogen bulb for the DRL I have now in the stock lights has a 2 prong connector. The 3 prong I believe is like that to dim the power when the projector is on. From what I have read the LED are at full power(12v) when they are on by themselves and when the projector comes on the LEDs dim(6v).

Last edited:
i believe the led drl is the same in the touring led lights, the wiring was figured out on driveaccord for which is on, which is dim and which is ground

Yeah, I need to read up some more on there. That's where I get all my Accord info at. Not sure how I would add the dim "feature". Not sure if I even want it, lol.

i believe its just a +12v signal so if you fed it a split off the + headlight low beam wire it should work

if you have the light apart id be interested in seeing pictures of the drl array if its open and accessible

i believe its just a +12v signal so if you fed it a split off the + headlight low beam wire it should work

I was hoping to wire the LED DRL from the Halogen DRL wiring I have in the stock light now but I think your saying it is just for a signal from the headlight wiring so the board for the LED will know the headlights are on and the board will switch to a 6v output to the LEDs.

My understanding correct?

if you have the light apart id be interested in seeing pictures of the drl array if its open and accessible

Will do if I can.

I was hoping to wire the LED DRL from the Halogen DRL wiring I have in the stock light now but I think your saying it is just for a signal from the headlight wiring so the board for the LED will know the headlights are on and the board will switch to a 6v output to the LEDs.

My understanding correct?

Will do if I can.

Yea thats what i believe happens

Back