Bikes!!!! (MTB, Road, etc... just no motors)

How much does that bike weight? frame looks heavy

The frame is only 5.1lbs and its all carbon. It's a 6.3" travel bike. Overall is 27lbs. Pretty decently light for a long travel trail bike. I really like the geometry on it. That's what sold me. Its light enough to to XC with but its slack enough to feel like a real DH bike that I prefer.

The frame is only 5.1lbs and its all carbon. It's a 6.3" travel bike. Overall is 27lbs. Pretty decently light for a long travel trail bike. I really like the geometry on it. That's what sold me. Its light enough to to XC with but its slack enough to feel like a real DH bike that I prefer.
Just the frame on my bike is probably that heavy. I installed that seat you sent me but I haven't had a chance to take it our for a ride yet.

Reactions: Nix
does anyone in here use strava? i wouldnt mind following some of you to see your trails in other states

I've been looking into a new computer since I just have a basic one right now. I might consider something strava compatible. Would be neat.

Haven't been able to ride in like a week. It's been on and off rain storms and the trails are too soft. Plus it sucks getting caught in a massive thunderstorm.

I've been looking into a new computer since I just have a basic one right now. I might consider something strava compatible. Would be neat.
you just need a smartphone, or watch/gps unit that supports strava

Compatible Devices
  • Bryton: Rider series
  • CATEYE: Stealth series
  • CycleOps: Joule
  • Fitbit: Surge
  • Garmin Edge, Forerunner, Fenix, and Vivoactive devices
  • Lezyne: GPS
  • Motorola: 360 Sport series
  • Microsoft Band 1 & 2
  • MIO/Magellan: Cyclo series
  • O_Synce: Navi2Coach
  • Pioneer: Cyclocomputer series
  • Polar: V and M Series
  • Recon: Jet
  • Sigma: Rox 10.0
  • Soleus: GPS
  • SRM: PC8
  • Suunto: Ambit series
  • Timex: IRONMAN GPS series
  • TomTom: Multi-Sport, Runner and Spark GPS
  • Wahoo: RFLKT+ and ELEMNT
https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216917687-Supported-GPS-Devices

something like this -

Amazon product
View: http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Extreme-Sports-Workout-Trainer/dp/B00I8L6RG4

Haven't been able to ride in like a week. It's been on and off rain storms and the trails are too soft. Plus it sucks getting caught in a massive thunderstorm.
well when you get a new computer let me know and add me lol, i have a garmin edge 810 and its awesome

Will do. I have to grab the catalog and see what we can get on discount. Makes a huge difference.

Will do. I have to grab the catalog and see what we can get on discount. Makes a huge difference.
my dad is sponsored by a local shop so i know what you mean with getting a discount

Hey @Br3TT -Which computer are you using for strava? Or are you running a smartphone & mount?

@Nix im running the garmin edge 810, you can upload your ride to strava after you are done

My brother stopped by my house a couple weeks ago sporting his latest ride. Niner RKT 9 3-Star XT with a Shimano XTR D12M9050 2X11 groupset.
That is some technology in the derailleur with the dual front sprockets so the gear shifts are shock free from top to bottom and back.

His car needs new tires and exhaust. He has priorities lol.

Looks like a nice ride! Welcome to the forum BTW. Nice to see you.

Thanks for the welcome. I probably should hit the introduction page.

Me and my brother used to be huge into BMX in the early days and were always ordering things before they were released. I was a SE Quadangle guy and he was talking direct with Bob Haro buying the latest graphite wheels that he and Skyway were developing.
My brother worked for a number of years at The Fat Tire Farm in Oregon as a "Wrench' as his business card said. He liked it out West because when road training you could pick up a leg and train with some of the pro's. People would join the pack, ride for so long and then drop off and be replaced.
He ran a lot of fire roads until he ended up sliding down one. Took a few years to recover but he is in Northern Traverse City still doing 'The Iceman' and every other time trial that comes along.

I would love to get into the mountain bike scene but as was said in this thread early on, wait, watch, ride a few different rides and trade in and up. There are some good trails close by me. Won't see RedBull visiting but it wouldn't hurt for me to get out and ride again. At least something besides the skateparks. I still have a mini-half pipe for the kids.

all the best,

ed

Back