BilletProShop Short Shifters

We'll test one sometime this week!!

One thing i know..is that IT WILL work WITHOUT cutting the plastic part! Im just scared that the cable will touch it!! I also know that there is not 2775748way to shorten the throw of a shifter... its to get the bottm part longer...which makes the cable sit LOWER and CLOSER to the bracket! So what i think its that cutting it is NOT required but may be recommended

Ill give you back some news soon on this , i have a friend who has a 2012 SI with all stock shifter that we will use to test!!!

Keep me posted. I havent got mine yet, but I'm probably not gonna install it for a while anyway, since I'm waiting for a knob and some material I'm making a new shift boot with, and some time. Lol.

Like i promised. I have some good news for you guys!!

! I just finished the complete installation (shifter shaft, base buishings, cable bushings) of the final version of the BPS Short shifter into my buddy's SI

NO trimming OR cutting Needed of the shifter box!!!!!!!!

20130408_192156_zps32d1a5ff.jpg

20130408_192200_zps78f8d0ac.jpg

Not the best picture but you can see the bracket is still present!!
20130408_192217_zps2161c329.jpg

Before/after shot
2013-04-08195442_zps0030fa67.png

Is there a DIY for this shifter? Don't know much about the cable and base bushings. What do they do and are cable bushings needed?

Does it make a difference what brand cable bushings I get in regards to performance and fitment with this short shifter?

Does it make a difference what brand cable bushings I get in regards to performance and fitment with this short shifter?

I plan on purchasing the TWM Performance set. CorSport also carries some. I would suggest reading both product pages and make a decision from there.

Just ordered the short shifter with cable bushings. I will try and take some pictures when I install. The DIY that webby posted is really good but doesn't really show the bushings installed.

In the middle of installing.... Had the hardest time with the metal push clip that holds the arm that the spring in place. Also, my cable is slightly touching the plastic bracket. Im not going to cut it now. But will keep an eye on it for the future. Other than that one clip, everything was slow, tedious but easy.

Back