Buddy Club Short Shifter (Full Assembly) Promotion

As some of you know, Buddy Club's Full Assembly short shifter for the 9th Gen Civics was just released several days ago. We have some great pics of it, and we're doing a forum promotion as well. Just use the special discount code "9thcivic_bc_shifter" when checking out to save $15 instantly! Discount good until June 14th, 2013. EDIT: PROMOTION HAS ENDED, BUT FEEL FREE TO EMAIL CUSTOMERCARE@PROCIVIC.COM AND MENTION YOUR FORUM NAME FOR A DISCOUNT!

The 2012+ Civic Buddy Club full assembly short shifter manages to produce an amazing 33% reduction in throw, and is very reasonably priced as well. Plus, your shift knob will also sit about 1 inch higher than stock for easier shifting. The installation is straightforward as well.

Link to purchase: http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-73_147/product-482/index.html

Some nice pics showing this quality piece:

29282_482___BC%2012%20Civic%20Shifter%201.jpg

29282_482___BC%2012%20Civic%20Shifter%202.jpg

29282_482___BC%2012%20Civic%20Shifter%203.jpg

And an unboxing video explaining the details on the part:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Peul2cbubnM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUKtsqeGT7Vs9kyHQU4Ie1fQ

Last edited:
You had me up until the part about the shift knob sitting higher than stock. Not a fan of that.

This is a part designed for performance driving. It's better for the shift knob to sit higher for two reasons: It gives you better leverage when shifting and also allows for quicker/easier access to the shift knob. Also, it helps reduce stress on your back from having to lean forward to shift with a low sitting shift knob. This is why you normally see actual race vehicles with VERY high shift knobs. See this picture for an example:

0607impp_11z+honda_integra_type_r+seat.jpg

NOTE: This is an actual Buddy Club race car, so obviously the shifter is much much higher than normal...much more than 1 inch :)

If you really wanted the knob at stock height for some reason, you could purchase a counter sunk shift knob, or you could purchase the CT Short Shifter (but the throw reduction is not nearly as good).

Last edited:
I think the main issue everyone needs to see past is raising the high of the shifter isn't going to increase teh shift length. the knob is going to sit higher but it will also be a shorter shift then stock and the leverage will help u throw it in a lot easier. A few people ordered this. after i see a few reviews i'm thinking of pulling the trigger.

Mine was shipped today. I actually like that it has some height; less distance between the steering wheel and shift knob.

37% reduction in throw is nice, but with a shifter that sits an inch higher might not even be noticeable.

even with the increased height it's still a 37% decrease from stock. so even if it's higher its still a shorter throw..
Yes, but it being higher means that when it is in gear, and going from gear to gear your hand will have to travel more..
Kinda hard to explain but think of it this way, take a foot long stick and lean it on a 45% angle away from you(3rd gear), now take the same stick cut a couple inches off and put your hand on it, your hand will be a closer distance from neutral.
I know the example is an extreme but i believe the same concept applies, the gears are technically 37% closer, but after adding that extra inch, the throws wont be a 37% shorter

Yes, but it being higher means that when it is in gear, and going from gear to gear your hand will have to travel more..
Kinda hard to explain but think of it this way, take a foot long stick and lean it on a 45% angle away from you(3rd gear), now take the same stick cut a couple inches off and put your hand on it, your hand will be a closer distance from neutral.
I know the example is an extreme but i believe the same concept applies, the gears are technically 37% closer, but after adding that extra inch, the throws wont be a 37% shorter
if u increased the height without decreasing the throw you r correct. even with the 1inch the throw is still decreased. the shorter that shifter the more of a pain it is to throw in.

Obviously this has a much differeent motion ratio than stock which is a good thing. Taller is better in my case so I don't have to reach down.

This would be true if the short shifter was just a stock shifter with the top portion extended higher. However, that's not at all how short shifters achieve a throw reduction. The reason why the throw is shorter is because the bottom portion below the pivot point is extended as well. The 37% advertised throw reduction means your hand has to travel 37% less than on the stock shifter. The 37% accounts for the shift knob sitting 1 inch higher.

In any case, I don't understand what people have against a slightly higher shift knob. It is barely a noticeable difference visually and will make driving much more fun and easy. The funny thing is, I thought most of you would be saying it doesn't raise the shift knob enough...only 1 inch! We just got back from the big 2013 Honda Meet here in So Cal, and I can tell you the ultra high shifters are VERY popular. We'll be posting some pics soon on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/goprocivic). In one car the shifter was almost hitting the rear view mirror! LOL. I guess the lesson here is, at least in So Cal, it is not too cool to have a low shifter.

As in the cage? Plastic, just like factory. I can't imagine it being made of anything else for 150.00.

Meh, I'll stick with my sub $20 CT knock off that works just fine. I normally despise knock-offs but I highly doubt this BC shifter can be any better than an ebay short shift adaptor and some Hybrid Racing shifter cable bushings.....and you'll still be under $100 for both.

Roger that! I don't have any bushings or cable links or whatever they are called, though?

Back