Clicking Noise from Speakers when Locking/Unlocking Doors

I have the same problem with my 2013 Civic SI sedan. Clicking/popping from the speakers when I use any of the window switches or lock switch. I have the premium sound with navagation. I am wondering if the issue is isolated to the navagation unit or are some people having the issue with the non-navi premium head unit. Honda states that it is the characteristic of the vehicle.

I also have navi. But my friend has a 2013 coupe with navi and his doesn't make the noises.

Sigh, mine is developing to the point where every time I go over uneven roads/bumps, it'll make a lower, yet noticeable, pop....

So it's for sedans with navi only.. I wonder if it's only for the Si.
I don't know about the SI coups but it appears to affect SI sedans but not necessarily all. Other Civics don't have the 360 watt sound system except for the civic EX-L coupe. If anyone has this issue with a 2013 civic model other than the SI sedan please post. It would be good to know. BTW, it is not the amp. The dealer tried swapping that (although the amp came from a SI without Navi so I guess it could be the combination of the two). Also, there is apparently a fix that involves changing something on the wire harness (I don't have details) but the dealership told me that it was already done at the factory so it didn't fix it.

I have a 2013 coupe (non-Navi) and have never noticed this.

My new 1k mile '13 has this... I took it to complain at 100 miles, and Honda said it's a "characteristic of the vehicle." This is bull. It needs to be fixed. Also, it's either getting worse or I'm more cognizant, but it's happening at other times.... when the rear-view cam turns off, and random times while driving, probably with electrical switches, e.g. A/C clutch, etc. It does it whether the stereo is on or off (keep in mind the amp is always on, because of nav, bluetooth phone, etc.).

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. Don't let this thread die out, we need to keep track of this issue. Once the solution is found, all need to know what to tell their dealer to do. I do NOT want them ripping into my car and replacing everything just to guess what's wrong. As it is, they pulled out the door switches and stereo head unit already (and did nothing, BTW). This is truly an unacceptable issue. Don't let this be my first Honda warranty (or failure of warranty) experience!

Car: 2013 Civic Si sedan, Navi....

Sigh, mine is developing to the point where every time I go over uneven roads/bumps, it'll make a lower, yet noticeable, pop....

I think mine is also getting worse and more common. The pop when you hit the door lock/unlock is *loud*... at other times, the pop is more subtle. Enough that if you have the music turned loud or windows down, maybe you wouldn't notice, but I often listen to quiet music and in our heat, I rarely drive with windows down....

I would suspect it is probably a bad ground on some cars. I have never had this in the 5 months and 6000 miles I have had my 2013 Si. There do seem to be quite a bit of folks with the issue.

Gonna try my dealer again tomorrow. They said last time to keep filing a report until Honda cave in.

This is complete bull. I do not want to put in an aftermarket setup. I paid extra for factory navi and I want it to all work correctly. I can even accept that the sound quality is mediocre at best, but this popping/clicking noise is NOT normal, it is a defect. It also occurs occasionally at random times while driving. It has to be able to be isolated... Navi head unit? Amp? Speaker(s)? Where is it coming from?

My '12 Si with Nav didn't do it. My '13 with nav does it. Since I don't see any '12 owners who have reported this in the thread, it must have been something they changed this year.

I'm going to report it when I go in for my first oil change.

I also have a '13 Si and it hasn't done it once in about 6000 since I picked it up. My feeling would be that there is a bad ground somewhere. I live in a house that is just over 100 years old, and before we redid some of the electric in the house I would have an issue with turning on a light in one room would cause my pc speakers to pop in another. The issue is the circuit wasn't grounded well.

I also have a '13 Si and it hasn't done it once in about 6000 since I picked it up. My feeling would be that there is a bad ground somewhere. I live in a house that is just over 100 years old, and before we redid some of the electric in the house I would have an issue with turning on a light in one room would cause my pc speakers to pop in another. The issue is the circuit wasn't grounded well.

Is your car navi? I think we all agree its ground-related, but it's Honda's responsibility to find the issue and not just use all of our cars as guinea pigs of new part replacement (or in some cases, do nothing whatsoever).

Very true, honestly they should have just gotten it right from the start. Mine is a non-navi.

There's a thread on another forum going on this same issue. Seems extremely common (if not consistently present) on all 2013 Si sedan Navis. Some are pointing to the factory amp with an internal defect, which is highly probable, but I don't want to be the guinea pig for this. Anyone thought of bypassing the factory amp to see if that's it?

Back