Clicking Noise from Speakers when Locking/Unlocking Doors

I spoke with dealer that @Pir8pete suggested in his post. They were familiar with the issue and said that they are working with Honda to identify the issue. He didn't know when they would have a solution. I told him that I'd call once a month to get updates. Maybe if I bug him enough he'll bug Honda......or just stop returning my calls.....

I spoke with dealer that @Pir8pete suggested in his post. They were familiar with the issue and said that they are working with Honda to identify the issue. He didn't know when they would have a solution. I told him that I'd call once a month to get updates. Maybe if I bug him enough he'll bug Honda......or just stop returning my calls.....
I hope they are serious and not just blowing you off. Someone from Honda should sign up and monitor this site so they can keep on top of issues with their cars. There's certainly enough people on here that they would have a good sample size when things do come up. It's not just one person having a lot of these issues so the people at Honda need to pay attention.

2012 Si Sedan w/o Nav, I have the popping as well. I bought it used so I can't speak to when the popping started as a whole but it's popped at least since I purchased in February of this year.

I just made an account for this thread...
My rear speakers turn off entirely when I lock the drivers side door. I have to restart the car to get them to work again, seems like something hit a current limit. I turned off auto lock as well because of this.

I have a 2012 civic coupe without nav and with premium audio. I just noticed this after installing a custom subwoofer. I think it was broken before that though and disconnecting the sub doesn't fix it. Seems similar to this problem everyone else is having except I have a bigger pop.
I'm going to ask my dealer about it too. I'll update if they have anything useful.

So I know this is a old thread but I have purchased a 13 civic si coupe with navi and having this issue. My issues are the door lock and unlock pops from diver and pass door switch. Took it in for warranty repair on this and they added a suppressor harness to the door lock plugs. It helped but still didn't cut out all the popping so I decided to troubleshoot it my self. I replaced the factory amp with an aftermarket amp hoping it was inside the factory amp. All that did was amplify the pop to make it much louder. I then noticed my pass side window from driver or pass switch caused it to pop as well. So I work in a car audio install bay so I grab a cheap radio and wired it into the car and all of the popping was stopped. Its something inside the factory headunit causing the issue. My car is going into the dealer tomorrow for them to troubleshoot yet again. I realize this is happening to people with nav and with out nav but from my research its all the cars that have a factory amp. Basically the factory amplified cars put out a low level input into the amp and high level out of the amp. Its not the cars at all. Its the headunit. Ill update and see what Honda has to say about the situation. The part I love is the tech I spoke with told me that he has never seen a car he cant fix. I believe he has met his match!!

So I know this is a old thread but I have purchased a 13 civic si coupe with navi and having this issue. My issues are the door lock and unlock pops from diver and pass door switch. Took it in for warranty repair on this and they added a suppressor harness to the door lock plugs. It helped but still didn't cut out all the popping so I decided to troubleshoot it my self. I replaced the factory amp with an aftermarket amp hoping it was inside the factory amp. All that did was amplify the pop to make it much louder. I then noticed my pass side window from driver or pass switch caused it to pop as well. So I work in a car audio install bay so I grab a cheap radio and wired it into the car and all of the popping was stopped. Its something inside the factory headunit causing the issue. My car is going into the dealer tomorrow for them to troubleshoot yet again. I realize this is happening to people with nav and with out nav but from my research its all the cars that have a factory amp. Basically the factory amplified cars put out a low level input into the amp and high level out of the amp. Its not the cars at all. Its the headunit. Ill update and see what Honda has to say about the situation. The part I love is the tech I spoke with told me that he has never seen a car he cant fix. I believe he has met his match!!
Thanks for doing some troubleshooting. Please report back with what the tech says or does.

So as of now the techs are done looking at my car. According to honda engineers "nothing can be replaced to correct the condition, especially given the noise filters were installed at the last visit". Im still going to push the issue through the dealership before i take it to a higher level. They say its normal....there is nothing normal about my speakers popping when i press a button in my car. Right now the used car manager at the dealership is going to push it and see what he can do before i trade out cars. Once i hear back from him if theres nothing he can do i will go on up to honda of north america with my issue.

They also stated that the aftermarket equipment i used had better noise filters and that cleaned the noise out of the system. Im a MECP installer and usually aftermarket equipment introduces more noise over OEM equipment. Kinda strange they changed the radio in 2014 and all the problems were corrected.

Honda goofed big time on the 2013 audio systems. If you get lucky and don't have the popping, it's just that: luck. I miss my Taffeta White 2013 Si Navi, but just could not deal with the electronic pops. NOT NORMAL.

I'm tempted to buy this noise filter harness, and maybe *revise* the filter circuit to see if I can do a better job.

If your tempted it sounds like back feed. Changing the grounding point of the head unit could work but that's really the only idea I have.

If your tempted it sounds like back feed. Changing the grounding point of the head unit could work but that's really the only idea I have.

I am planning on trying to do a little extra troubleshooting on the head unit and see if i can isolate it out of it. I don't think it will work but ill see what i can do.

If someone who has the harness wants to help me with a high-res picture of the circuit in the harness, that would help me get started.

I have been experiencing the same issue from day one. I actually took the master tech , service advisory and manager to test this popping / clicking noise out on other vehicles. We tested both navi and none navi unit si coupes and sedans. What we found is that cars that have the Navi 2013 models would have a more pronounced noise compared to non navi units. I have been through three different dealers and will be going to a fourth shortly. I have own the car for 2 plus years and Honda still doesn't have a real fix. I am happy with the car other then that. Hopefully this is some helpful info

I have been experiencing the same issue from day one. I actually took the master tech , service advisory and manager to test this popping / clicking noise out on other vehicles. We tested both navi and none navi unit si coupes and sedans. What we found is that cars that have the Navi 2013 models would have a more pronounced noise compared to non navi units. I have been through three different dealers and will be going to a fourth shortly. I have own the car for 2 plus years and Honda still doesn't have a real fix. I am happy with the car other then that. Hopefully this is some helpful info

Mine was so bad it would pop even when the A/C compressor would cycle on/off.... It was more pronounced when the humidity levels were high (which is often in Houston, TX). Techs couldn't fix it, and I'm happy I got a 2014 to replace it.

I also forgot to mention it. I had a master tech buddy of mines take a look at the car. He used to work for honda but then open his own shop. He mention if it's not a ground somewhere. It might also be the headunit honda is using. Any thoughts about that?

ZeroTx. Did you file a complaint to honda corp? I had a case number which use to be open until they replied "normal characteristics".

Back