Discuss dealership experiences in this forum

San Leandro Honda in San Leandro, CA. I purchased a 2006 Civic Ex sedan from them in 2006 after I sold my gas gussling F150 pickup. Great service, donuts in the mornings, free car wash with service and a top notch service department. Decided to replace the 2006 EX sedan in 2010 and wanted a coupe but again bought a Civic EX sedan figuring I needed the room. Always wanted the coupe though. Had a spoiler installed before I even drove the 2010 away and while waiting, the Service Manager came out and told me that the technician had scratched the fender putting it on. I was impressed since I would have never noticed it and probably would have thought it was done later on after I drove it. They kept the car and took care of the slight damage and gave me a few free services for my inconvienence.

Then about two months ago, some a$$ pulled out in front of me and I had to go off the road to avoid hitting him. I went up and over a large island in a mall parking lot. In front of me on the island was a stop sign and I took that out of the ground with all the concrete attached to the bottom of it. Dragged it out of the ground and across the island. No physical injuries but I was dreading looking at the front of the car. Unbelievable but no sign of any damage. Not even a scratch to the paint. No leaks..car drove OK. I drove home and figured I'd better get the from end alignment checked. Took it to San Leandro Honda the next day and they called and said "you have about $3000 worth of damage underneath. Radiator and bracket, floor pans, etc. So I decided to drive to another Honda dealer the next day and trade it in. Finally got the 2012 EX Coupe I wanted. The salesman said "your sedan is in great shape, not a scratch on it". Of course I agreed...it didn't have a scratch on top. They gave me a great price on the trade-in...serviced my new coupe right away and I was "outta there" !!

We purchased our new Civics from Thelen Honda in Bay City, MI. While we weren't real pleased with the salesperson from a personality standpoint, he wound up being just fine. We bought my EX-L from their stock on the lot, and the EX, they dealer-traded to get. We were able to drive my vehicle home the same day, but the EX we had some minor issues with. Nothing a phone call (from them) wouldn't have prevented. In the end, we got the vehicles we wanted at a price we felt was fair. They gave me a decent trade-in allowance on my Town & Country, and my wife gets a supplier discount. In the end, we're happy campers! I would recommend them, except that their inventory is not expansive. Other than Accords or Civics, they only keep one, maybe two vehicles on the lot for test drives, then dealer-trade. If I had wanted to drive a CR-V that day, I would have been out of luck. They didn't have any coupes or an Si on the lot either.

Back