First Try Mini H1 Retrofit

I know I saw it somewhere, but I can't find the physical measurements of these projectors.... I searched quite a few strings. If anyone knows where they were posted, please link me, thanks!

click the orange text at the bottom to expand the quote -
I've had some users pm & ask about the sizing to these projectors, so I hope this helps. dentrecords

Furthest distance from the absolute rear to the absolute front of the lens ~ 129.92mm
(pic is deceiving - but this is the full distance from front to back despite what this photo portrays)
IMG_0083.sized.jpg

Actual distance that will be inside your headlight assembly - 112.64mm
The remaining distance will be actually through the hole in your stock headlight housing and secured with the provided hardware.
IMG_0084.sized.jpg

widest point on the projector ~78.52mm
IMG_0085.sized.jpg

===

size comparison to the acura TL projector
IMG_0086.sized.jpg

IMG_0087.sized.jpg

pencil for an idea of scale -
IMG_0088.sized.jpg

Ah, I was hoping I could wedge a pair in the park light housings on my truck, but they are a bit too deep and the flange would be a problem, unless the bowl portion was mounted outside the park light housing, which I could do.

I have 3.020 inches depth on the side where I would be installing them ~ 76.708 mm. If the depth to the flange is 56 mm, then I would have about 20 mm to the front of the housing, pretty close. Don't want to melt the housings from the heat off the lens.

and they definitely put off some heat.... I mean I'd love to help you out, but I don't want them to melt the oem housing.

I may have room for them in the headlight housings though, they are quite a bit deeper, will have to measure up this weekend.

I may have room for them in the headlight housings though, they are quite a bit deeper, will have to measure up this weekend.
See how much room you have. You need to essentially clear 130mm inside the housing. Then enough room to keep the lens away from the front of the oem housing.

I got a quick question..... How much of the projector is covered by a shroud? I'm sure different shrouds may differ in size but would most shrouds cover the entire projector and not need to be extended?

I got a quick question..... How much of the projector is covered by a shroud? I'm sure different shrouds may differ in size but would most shrouds cover the entire projector and not need to be extended?
I don't have a pic handy, but I found this photo which shows it pretty well. It basically comes back to the point where the black plastic meets the start of the reflector bowl.

h1.png

As far as extensions go....a lot will depend on the reflector bowl of the headlight it's going into. All of the users here just used the stock shroud that comes with the projector....no extensions.

but with those huge headlights you have the opportunity to do something like the LS460 projectors

that first link nomar posted has LS460 projectors

sorry, i was thinking the ls430s

Nov292010_1872ls430resize_1.JPG

cant find any pics of them on a fit, but heres a previous gen accord

hidillusionz%2B2008-present%2Bhonda%2Baccord%2Bls430%2Bclear%2Blens%2B02.jpg

yea theyre a pain to work with but with that additional reflector bit on the bottom they cast some great width

Not trying to do anything fancy right now. Just need to have some HID goodness back in my life.

Finally! sold the BMW tires I had left over and will be listing the Accord stuff tomorrow. I could pretty much buy the Webby special projectors and get a correct relay kit and be on my way, but I think I am going to wait until the Accord retros sell to do anything on the Fit.

Back