Health/Fitness Routines?

I've gained a good deal of muscle mass and fat (unfortunately) since high school :giggle: I was about 165 when I graduated hs and about 185-190 this past year when I graduated college. I'd like to cut down to around 170-180 which shouldn't be very hard.

I should be eating vegetables, brown rice, and chicken breasts if I want to maintain a good balanced diet. But there's no fun in that. I like to pig out and eat a lot. And eating a large pie from pizza hut last Saturday definitely didn't help. :rotfl:

Im trying to gain weight right now, ive gained about 8 of muscle so far another 8 by the end of summer and ill be happy. Lifting is the easy part - drinking 1/2 gallon of milk in one sitting everyday is hard!

Yeah, my diet is pretty terrible lol Plus I drink way too often :rotfl:

My main problem is I don't like salads, so that eliminates one incredibly healthy meal from my diet. The main vegetables I usually do are grilled peppers and onions. I just can't do raw vegetables :giggle:

I eat steamed broccoli from time to time. Or Caesar salad...only when I go to a restaurant. :hiding:

I drink a lot of water, orange juice, milk, and beer.

Lost about 5lbs this week, only getting to work out three times. I basically just drank a lot of water and kept my caloric intake to about 1500 calories a day. I'm about 10lbs away from an ideal 175. Once I'm there I'm going to focus more stringently on lifting and particularly what I eat.

Jdm fest at the rec today :giggle:

4ypesuha.jpg

Don't know another single si owner in Morgantown, but there's always a different one there when I go to the gym

So i finally gained my summer goal of benching 135 lbs 5 times. Something about finally using the 45 plates (the biggest at my gym) feels good! I went from not even benching 85 to this and im glad with the results, it was suprisingly easy and i completely filled out my scrawny self lol. 5 lbs more and Ill be benching bodyweight. If anyone else out there is a skinny guy who feels embarrassed in the gym, all i can say is go out there and do it!! Determination and 1/2 gallon of milk a day pays off!!

I've been going to the gym daily for 2 months now. Back and biceps one day and chest and triceps the other. Been taking a crap ton of NO mixtures with creatine and mixing in testosterone boosters and about 120 grams of whey protein a day. I started at 150lbs. I started with my max bench being 140lbs. Never been to the gym in my life before this. I'm now at 166lbs and maxed at 195lbs the other day. I've failed 200 a few times but I'm working on it. Did leg presses the other day and did 365lbs 3 times. I'm proud of that :D My workout partner weighs 250lbs and maxed 415lbs on bench. He pushes me really hard and keeps me competative. The best thing that's helped me is having a workout partner honestly. Night and day difference in how you will improve. Overall I'm loving the experience and don't see myself quiting anytime soon. Would recommend it to anyone.

I'm an old guy so my fitness routine is a little different. I watch what I eat and partake of modest exercise like, mowing and caring for my own lawn and washing my car. I am 6'2" tall and weigh 185 lbs... about perfect for someone with my bone structure.

I also have faulty organs removed on a timely basis, and thank God for every day of life He he gives me. Then, I repeat as necessary.

Let's see...I'm 6'2", 220 lbs, but it's just the way I'm built.

Played basketball all summer but just started going back to the gym last week.

I really miss lighting...the rush when you max out or fail at the last set of reps, it feels good.

Anyway, I've been working on my core and upper body, as well as leg pressing and calf raises, and finish it with running, to try and lose the extra weight.

I agree a workout partner helps big time, but even if you have to be self motivated, it's worth it and feels good when you're done.

I especially love the next day, feeling sore but accomplished.

I have done my fair share of reading and research on this topic and I have found that different things work for different people. However, there are two things which are ubiquitous throughout any training program: caloric intake consciousness and consistency. If you go to the gym 4-5 times a week and actually WORK (I'm looking at you fatties on the treadmill walking for 20 minutes while staring at a TV) for 20-30 minutes and don't eat more than you should (you know when you're eating more than you should) and don't eat what you shouldn't eat (you know what is and is not healthy food), you will be in great shape.

It drives me up the ******* wall every time I meet some fatass who says, "I never eat and I go to the gym every day, I don't know why I'm fat." I know why: it's because you're lying. You stuff your goddamn face in private and you go to the gym and burn less calories there than you did chewing that day. WORK and DON'T EAT TOO MUCH. Bam, I just solved the American obesity crisis.

People don't understand the principle of "everything in moderation" you don't have to eat salads all day everyday, and you don't have to run 5 miles everyday, but just have a well-balanced diet and a moderate exercise program, and YOU WILL be healthy. I guess that's too much for people

EDIT: I'm saying I generally agree with the above statement, and just adding my thoughts, not trying to argue

People don't understand the principle of "everything in moderation" you don't have to eat salads all day everyday, and you don't have to run 5 miles everyday, but just have a well-balanced diet and a moderate exercise program, and YOU WILL be healthy. I guess that's too much for people
:yeahthat:
EDIT: I'm saying I generally agree with the above statement, and just adding my thoughts, not trying to argue

:yeahthat:

Yeah, it's tough to understand severely overweight people who complain they can't lose weight, but proceed to eat massive amounts of food everyday. I guess food can become an addiction, just like anything else.

Yeah, it's tough to understand severely overweight people who complain they can't lose weight, but proceed to eat massive amounts of food everyday. I guess food can become an addiction, just like anything else.

I am kind of the fitness go to in my dept. at work, and I have trouble also understanding when folks tell me they cant control their eating due to stress. I have never had stress issues make me eat so I do not understand what they are saying..

You're right but there are 2 sides of it. When you start gaining weight it takes more food to fuel your body. So you gain weight by eating and have to eat more to fuel your new weight. The problem isn't the amount of food people eat. Its the quality of food. Fast food, fried food, snacks. These all have a ton of calories and sugar which your body stores as fat. Also generally people aren't as active as they should be. You can still eat the amount you require for fuel so as to not be hungry but simply change what you eat and how active you are and it will do wonders. Perfect example is bread. White enriched bread is horrible for you. Wheat is not so bad. Remember, if you eat crap you're going to have crap health and appearance.

Back