I'm baaaack! '15 Si Sedan

I was trying to figure out what these black things were above the bay door....it is a alignment check tool. They can do a quick check of the alignment right there when your talking to the service guy before the car goes back to the service area.

image.jpg

The dealer in my area has something like this too. I brought my 2010 civic in to have the tpms sensors reset and they measured my alignment as I was driving the car into the bay.

What's the white cable beside the brake like in the picture @Nomar06?

Pretty sure that would be the wheel speed sensor wire. His looks painted white honestly which they should be black.

I was trying to figure out what these black things were above the bay door....it is a alignment check tool. They can do a quick check of the alignment right there when your talking to the service guy before the car goes back to the service area.

View attachment 49352

Yea a lot of places are using these now cause 70% of cars I would say will give a bad alignment even if it drives straight. Easy sell and usually pay pretty well for not a lot of work. If it's on the flat ground it's more of a selling tool than anything, cant make adjustments unless you wanna crawl around on the ground. No thank you.

I can't stand anyone else touching my car to work on it. Half the reason why I'm stubborn to bring it in for warranty concerns I think I have. The other is pride to figure it out first lol

I can't stand anyone else touching my car to work on it. Half the reason why I'm stubborn to bring it in for warranty concerns I think I have. The other is pride to figure it out first lol
I usually don't let anyone else mess with my cars but there's a couple things I just cant do myself like alignments and mounting/balancing tires so I have to regrettably bring the car to a shop.

I usually don't let anyone else mess with my cars but there's a couple things I just cant do myself like alignments and mounting/balancing tires so I have to regrettably bring the car to a shop.

That's my advantage being a mechanic I guess. I can do it all when needed and anyone local that's a friend can get the fringe benefits. Power to the DIY's!

That's my advantage being a mechanic I guess. I can do it all when needed and anyone local that's a friend can get the fringe benefits. Power to the DIY's!
Where do you live? lol

I actually had a friend of a friend do the work on my car today. Basically did an alignment but also set the camber to where I wanted it, which I'm sure a reg Hinda tech would not have done it. Went with -1.5 in the front and -1 in the rear.

If you zoom on the pic, it definitely is a black line with white paint or something on the top portion of it.

Where do you live? lol

I actually had a friend of a friend do the work on my car today. Basically did an alignment but also set the camber to where I wanted it, which I'm sure a reg Hinda tech would not have done it. Went with -1.5 in the front and -1 in the rear.
Lol mid Florida on the east coast. I do most at the house honestly where I can have a beer and enjoy my tinkering.

I don't think so but I should after this week at the Dragon. :) it's pretty much a 1 finger gap all around. Looks perfect IMO.

Oh cool and awesome, pretty much a similar drop I had on my 12 with the skunk2 springs.

how you liking the Si? i'll probably be looking for a relatively fun/fuel efficient car once i get a real job since i'm pretty sure the tacoma wouldn't keep up at the dragon...

how you liking the Si? i'll probably be looking for a relatively fun/fuel efficient car once i get a real job since i'm pretty sure the tacoma wouldn't keep up at the dragon...
Really diggin it. Prob will stick around for a few years, lol. All the tech goodies are nice and overall the car feels nicer/better compared to the FG2.

You should take it down once! lol I mean Nix takes his Civic LX down... ;)
Really diggin it. Prob will stick around for a few years, lol. All the tech goodies are nice and overall the car feels nicer/better compared to the FG2.
Quoted since I know you won't keep it for years!

Back