Injen Intakes 2012 Civic Si Update - Email & Dyno

You're probably one of the few who would use Lithium batteries on cars. Lol. The only problem with Li batteries is that they tend to blow up if they are wired wrong or if they get very wet.

backed up the images - thank you. I think the factory battery was around 24lbs

Wow just 24lbs? I thought it was more like 40lbs it was pretty heavy

the stock duralast replacement is 26lbs

Yeah. It weighs a lot for a small battery. Lol.

So i was reading around :shadyhat: and a "racer" is bashing the intake after 2 strip runs on 2 different days. Guess people want the attention and need to bash companies.

I guess the car only had the Injen CAI as a mod. What did he/she expect? A double digit hp increase? Lol.

Nevermind...I found it. I didn't realize everyone was on the "other" one. I just learned how to use the google machine, He must just be a hater.

Attachments

• haters.png
    haters.png
    499.8 KB · Views: 13
he's a member here... didn't see any complaints about the injen at the track posted here.

injen's FB
Injen said:
It has come to our attention that there is a rumor regarding one of our intakes and the power numbers we advertise. These rumors were started by one frustrated racer that claims his ¼ mile times didn’t improve with the addition of our intake system. The rumor goes even further into making defaming comments regarding our integrity and how we represent our products.

First and foremost, every intake we manufacture is tested multiple times on multiple days at our in-house R&D lab utilizing our chassis dynamometer. These tests are performed against the stock intake system to give an accurate picture of how our intakes and/or exhausts are functioning. In no instance has Injen Technology ever provided false dynamometer numbers or made outlandish power claims that weren’t first proven over and over on our dynamometer. Every test we perform on a vehicle is done in the same gear, with the same settings, on the same day. The tests are normally performed back to back, with the exception of labor time to R&R the intake systems. The results we publish are 100% accurate and are not doctored by any means.

With that being said, racers know track conditions make all the difference in any type of racing. There are so many variables that could cause your times to increase or decrease such as tire pressure, track temp, water temp, fuel condition, weather, fuel condition ran each day, plus so much more. It is alarming that this person didn’t take into account these variables before publicly defaming Injen and its products, or perform any dynamometer testing on his own to back up his comments. Injen Technology has a long reputation for being an industry leader and a trusted supplier of aftermarket performance parts. That hasn’t changed and we fully stand behind our products and the performance numbers that we publish.

he's a member here... didn't see any complaints about the injen at the track posted here.

injen's FB

i didnt post here because i barely go on this site. look at my post count compared to the other site. plus i dont feel like getting into it on BOTH sites. Its annoying enough with just the other site.

Basically i wasn't expecting much from the intake. But with the HP at the wheels claims they made, i figured id get some improvement at the track. 10-13 consistent hp at the wheels, is a big number. so i figured id knock off a tenth, or gain 1-2mph trap speed. If not ill at least TIE my best time with ease. That wasn't the case. Made 14 runs. Couldnt get better than a 15.0.

I figured id let everyone know my findings. now suddenly im this big jerk that is trying to deface a company. That isnt the case at all. It's just that whenever someone asked people about the intake. People would reply "OMGZZZZ ITS LIKE A WHOLE NEW CAR! FEELS SOOOOO MUCH FASTER" umm ok. And i agree, the car FELT a little better. sounded beastly. So i figured id go to the track again. Turns out I couldn't even tie my best time. Which leads me to believe this intake adds nothing but sound. So I decided to post my personal experience with the intake.

But thats my opinion. Injen decided to publicly bash me. And all the likes and comments they get on their facebook by their cult following of fanboys must make them sleep better or something.

I honestly had no problem with Injen whatsoever. It's an intake. it CANT add that much power. But they claimed "consistent 10-13hp gain and up to 20hp at a certain point in the RPM range" Those of you that are familiar with tuning know that 10-13hp at the wheels is nothing to sneeze at. Thats impressive. And should be measurable with a 1/4 mile run.

Then they did the Facebook thing. lol.

Now I really want to extensively test this intake before i sell it.

You know what your elevation is by chance? You going to do dyno runs with the intake on/off on the same day to see what your results are?

So i was reading around :shadyhat: and a "racer" is bashing the intake after 2 strip runs on 2 different days. Guess people want the attention and need to bash companies.

Actually it was a wednesday. I made FOUR passes. with the stock intake. got a 15.1 and then 3 consecutive 14.8's

then i installed the intake. went to the track the following wednesday. made FOURTEEN passes. Even letting the car cool down for a while. And i couldnt get better than a 15.0. I couldn't even get a better trap speed.

by the way, The weather was damn near identical. So your making it sound like i went to the track on a 45* day, made one single run, then went to the track on a 90* day and made one single run.

Get your facts straight before you type nonsense. stop trying to make me sound like an idiot.

I simply tested the intake out in the 1/4 mile. Because I personally drive my car on the street, not on a dyno. I wanted to see if it made any REAL acceleration gains.

So excuse me for trying to inform people before they spend their cash. I dont believe its Injens fault. I just dont think this engine responds well to a CAI. I think the stock intake manifold needs to go.

You know what your elevation is by chance? You going to do dyno runs with the intake on/off on the same day to see what your results are?

Ill try. but that just costs me even more money. and for what? so people can say there must be something wrong with my car? or something wrong with the dyno? or some other ridiculous excuse.

I'm done. Next time i test something out, I am going to keep it to myself. Even if i find out something dumb like Torquing the spark plugs to a certain spec adds 100hp to the wheels. Everyone can kiss my ***. it will be my secret. lol. im done.

Nevermind...I found it. I didn't realize everyone was on the "other" one. I just learned how to use the google machine, He must just be a hater.

Cool story BRO. Buy the intake. in fact buy any intake. Go to the track and see if it helped real world acceleration. Instead of just calling people haters. lmao.

Or are you that ricer guy that just buys whats 'cool' and then wonders why he keeps gettin SPANKED at the track. poser.

Back