Super Mod
Toys For Tots
Charlotte-ish, NC
Vehicle Model
Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Body Style
@bootyluvr hates hatches
OMG!!!!!! Say it isn't so Nomar!!!!

Ok, no...not mine but still, lol My sis-in-laws Fit sport was parked next to a newer odyssey which just happened to burst into flames somehow and I am trying to get opinions on whether you all think is it is a write off. We are hoping so since it is a 6 month of car and who wants to be stuck with a car that has "fire damage"

Here is the aftermath of Fit.

067.jpg

064.jpg

061.jpg

058.jpg

As you can tell the whole driver's side is eff'd. Paint is all bad, all plastics melted, headlight and front bumper are done, the door seals are bad and from what I am told the car STINKS! and the plastic wheel wells are also bad. I think that first pic might be the saving grace. Looks like the b pillar collapsed downward which caused the dent in the roof and the metal section above the doors. I am told the doors don't close or just don't close all the way.

I should have more pics tomorrow of the under carriage and more pics in general. All 3 cars were left in school parking lot where the fire took place. The other car involved was a jeep which is in worse shape than the Fit. Some people saw the Odyssey being filled entirely with black smoke from the inside and then flames appeared.

totalled - in my opinion.

front bumper replace / repaint = close to a grand +
headlight - probably 200+ parts from honda
entire side repaint - not sure price, but expensive..
door handles, plastic window trim... all gone
rubber vinyl around all doors - gone
the roof line / pillar cause some concern.. could probably be popped back, but then again, you're talking about repainting the whole roof/pillar
I wouldn't be surprised if things warped from the heat on the doors - causing them to not shut right.

smell/smoke odor out of the interior is another whole ball of wax..

I wouldn't be surprised to see them write it off - sucks to see that happen. Do they know what caused the fire?

• Staff
I haven't heard what caused the fire to erupt in the Odyssey. My brother is going to go out there tomorrow to take some more pics. He mentioned it looked like the fire might of began around the dash area. Dash area had the most damage....as he put it.

hopefully the person had insurance to cover all of this - I'm guessing?

• Staff
Yeah, that person and my sis-in-law both have Allstate.

Well, it they pay...their commercial stands

Oh gosh...that looks terrible :( poor car.

I hope it's totaled for your sister-in-law's sake.

34eb07a4-694f-4cc7-8cb3-a0f3ac7274f5.Medium.jpg

Adjuster dude is supposed to be coming out Tuesday...having to "pressure" them to get a rental car. FTL!

If it was me I would be going ape poop on them!

Apparently the Odyssey is a 2010 and the Fit is a 2011. Cars got towed to some shop. The fit has 3-4 different spots were the same type of dent. I think Allstate is going to try to screw my sis-in-law. They won't give her a rental or pay for one since they haven't determined who is at fault. They won't know that until the adviser dude comes on Tues.

Insurance companies are the devil!

My dad glanced at it and doesn't think it's totaled. They'll probably slap two doors on it..and a bumper..but we didn't read into it much...and he didn't look too much at the pics.
His quick guess was $2200 in damage if the doors could shut..lol

just painting a new door will be a few hundred each - without the cost of a door (if it has to be replaced). They'll be repainting both doors, the front and rear quarter / hood / roof to blend - it'll be well over 2k. New front bumper / repaint / labor.. another grand

roof dimple / pillar wrinkles - will take labor hours to fix/fill/sand/repaint

have your sister call and say that mayhem isn't quite living up to the commercial hype.

back door seems to be quite of a bit....some of it prob is that it is cracked open but prob doesn't shut at all.

305139_10150340142037251_630692250_8461217_82696242_n.jpg

Oh....I was told the rear section is a bubbled up like the front bumper. So I guess add a rear bumper to the equation.

Back