Is it totaled???

BTW...not a fan of the 5 min window to edit. My brain isn't working properly tonight I have to keep editing posts, lol

well, if you add the rear bumper, they'll probably end up respraying part of the rear hatch to blend the paint as well. It'd probably be 2-300 for the rear bumper without paint

That's a crazy chameleon paint job. Seriously, I hope they total it. Smoke smell has to be inside. Tires didn't get hot enough to pop.

Wow! How wild. That sucks though, especially if they liked the car a lot and the hassle of it.

getting fixed.....no real details but I heard $5000? It is going to Hendrick Honda and I guess they will give a definite number. Still, my sis-in-law is getting screwed. Allstate is calling it an "act of god" so she is going to have to pay a deductible and go from there, going under her comprehensive coverage or something like that. She is going to drop Allstate and I prob will too. Total BS....my bro drives her to work and my dad has to go pick her up cause they aren't paying for a rental.

Mayhem wins....

I have 2 short vid clips I need to post up. Once the car is fixed she is selling it and going to buy a POS car since they are prob moving to the UK someime next year.

Sorry to hear. Glad you're going to drop them too. It's ridiculous the way these companies can treat you at times...

likeee ..when you NEED them. I find 5k a hard pill to swallow.. but let's see the magic they can work

What I don't get is why would she have to pay anything? It's not like her car started the fire. If I am parked somewhere and then someone hits me then that persons ins. should cover it. Why isn't this treated the same?

because then the person is at fault. By saying it's an "act of god" the car caught fire... there is no one at fault. Just like if a deer jumps out into the road and destroys the car - that's an act of god, and you pay the deductible to get it repaired. Depending on what your comprehensive deductible is...that's the repair cost

Potential damage that might be covered by this insurance could include wind, flood, earthquake or weather damage of other types, or generally other unpredictable events for which the driver or owner cannot be held responsible.

I just figured the other person would be responsible.

Setup a large quantity of BBQ grills next to a car... Accidentally catches nearby cars on fire. People would probably sue the griller though - to pay their deductible

Eh.... god called... they said he hates Honda Fit's cause he's too tall to sit in the drivers seat comfortably and he says "wtf is up with that? I can fit in my delsol just fine."

The Fit is at Hendrick Honda and my bro rode out there to talk. The tech laughed when my bro mentioned the $5000 the Allstate mentioned to fix the car. He also said it would be very very hard to get rid of the smell. Hendrick Honda might be giving my sis-in-law a rental. I would think that they would since it will be there for quite some time and this is her 2nd fit to be purchased from them. I guess Hendrick Honda does somehow do some nice things to ear their Presidential Awards. I've had a few run ins with them....

Once Honda tallies up the amount do you think we might have some more info to build a case to total it? How much damage needs to be done to total it? Does fire damage fall into a separate area of insurance?

Adjusters I've talked to in the past had different percentages they based their stuff off. If I remember right, they usually would total things out if the damage was around half of the estimated vehicle value. So, if their books say the car is worth... 14 grand, and it was 7 grand in damage (making those #'s up), it would potentially be a candidate to write off. Again, every insurance company varies. Let's hope Hendrick treats you well

Back