Modding Advise

You know that's one things that confused the heck out of me when I heard that. one day I had a so called "mechanic " in my store telling somebody they didn't want to change their exhaust because they'd lose back pressure.. I understand if you don't have any/ very much knowledge of how an engine works to believe hearing that but a mechanic? They should understand that they don't want back pressure

So should I get a flash pro first??? Then get parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So should I get a flash pro first??? Then get parts?

Well you can get all the parts but if you don't have a Flashpro you will not get all the performance of the parts

So would it be wiser for me to get a flash pro first? Before getting aftermarket parts?

Here's the thing, you need to read between the lines a bit with a lot of this stuff. Most of the replies in terms of gains and parts to get are referring to Si owners. The R18 crowd is pretty limited for parts and the results are not as spectacular as they are with the Si. That said.....

You have a great car. It's not a sports car and it is an econobox. So is mine. I have an LX modded silly. You can still have a lot of fun with it and you can learn a lot about cars, your car, modding, and how to work on your own car. It's really satisfying to install your own parts and be able to fix things. Your car is dead reliable too. There are a lot of parts to choose from and some work great, some you feel right away, and others are there to support an end goal.

You need to evaluate what it is you want from your car at the end. What is it doing that you like. What is it not doing. What do you want to fix or improve.

Flashpro is great for all of the Civics. It is expensive. I finally broke down and bought one. The changes that thing makes to the Si, completely stock, are unbelievable. When people say its the first thing you should get, I totally agree and so does almost every one else on the forum. Its funny that it is so good everyone, no matter trackbro or stancebro, can agree that it is worth getting. However, on the R18 it does not make that big of a difference stock. Even with just a cheap SRI it did make a huge difference to my car. I am super glad that I bought it. Big difference. But, I would say that there are better places to spend your $$ first. Especially with your car.

Here's my suggestion for the R18 crowd. Wait & plan.

The thing that makes an immediate difference in how the car feels is not in "power" mods. Wheels/tires and suspension is where you should start. The second thing most people can agree on being a great part for the Civic, Si or not, is to upgrade the rear sway bar. I know I sound like a broken record but I think there are enough people here who have done it that would agree the number one mod you can do to change the car is a larger rear sway bar.

Look into the Progress 22mm rear sway bar. It fits all the cars from 06-15 so far. It is easy to install yourself with a couple hours, some ramps, and hand tools. Best bang for the buck thing you can do. Wait on flash pro, intakes, exhausts, and downpipes.

Here's the thing, you need to read between the lines a bit with a lot of this stuff. Most of the replies in terms of gains and parts to get are referring to Si owners. The R18 crowd is pretty limited for parts and the results are not as spectacular as they are with the Si. That said.....

You have a great car. It's not a sports car and it is an econobox. So is mine. I have an LX modded silly. You can still have a lot of fun with it and you can learn a lot about cars, your car, modding, and how to work on your own car. It's really satisfying to install your own parts and be able to fix things. Your car is dead reliable too. There are a lot of parts to choose from and some work great, some you feel right away, and others are there to support an end goal.

You need to evaluate what it is you want from your car at the end. What is it doing that you like. What is it not doing. What do you want to fix or improve.

Flashpro is great for all of the Civics. It is expensive. I finally broke down and bought one. The changes that thing makes to the Si, completely stock, are unbelievable. When people say its the first thing you should get, I totally agree and so does almost every one else on the forum. Its funny that it is so good everyone, no matter trackbro or stancebro, can agree that it is worth getting. However, on the R18 it does not make that big of a difference stock. Even with just a cheap SRI it did make a huge difference to my car. I am super glad that I bought it. Big difference. But, I would say that there are better places to spend your $$ first. Especially with your car.

The thing that makes an immediate difference in how the car feels is not in "power" mods. Wheels/tires and suspension is where you should start. The second thing most people can agree on being a great part for the Civic, Si or not, is to upgrade the rear sway bar. I know I sound like a broken record but I think there are enough people here who have done it that would agree the number one mod you can do to change the car is a larger rear sway bar.

Look into the Progress 22mm rear sway bar. It fits all the cars from 06-15 so far. It is easy to install yourself with a couple hours, some ramps, and hand tools. Best bang for the buck thing you can do. Wait on flash pro, intakes, exhausts, and downpipes.
That was by far the best answer I've heard. I really really appreciate it. It would definitely be smarter to go for suspension upgrades first (don't want to void my warranty just yet). So I've decided to do this first.

Sway bar
Coil overs
Performance tires

Hopefully by then. My warranty would have been up and I would be free to then begin messing with internals. Flash pro etc.

Let me know what you guys think.

Agree!!!

View attachment 53141View attachment 53142View attachment 53143

Blackout :)
Props to Nix for recommending the k&n drop in filter as well. A small change. But it's a start! Next up is the rear sway bar.

In mi opinion Honda put that chrome there and OMG it looked so ugly!!!!

It looks awesome all blacked out I did the same thing

0660eb48e6f67c121466cd5b631744e8.png

Back