New Car.......Same Color!

Ya, but the red JDM badge on the front goes with the red Si and the red one for the back goes with the Si again, plus the tail lights and, if you do it again, the red overlay on the Civic badge.....oh, almost forgot, and with your red poppy on your license plate.

Last edited:
Ya, but the red JDM badge on the front goes with the red Si and the red one for the back goes with the Si again, plus the tail lights and, if you do it again, the red overlay on the Civic badge.....oh, almost forgot, and with your red poppy on your license plate.

All very good points Pauly. I didn't get my plate transferred yet. I was missing some paperwork so they wouldn't transfer it. I'll go back at some point once I feel like standing in line again.....it is red after all. ;)

Didn't feel like reading through five pages but I did the exact same thing OP did only I went from a DBP 12 Si coupe to a DBP 13 Si sedan.

From what I read, they thickened the windshield glass and the front door side window glass, put more soundproofing materials in the wheel well and under the carpet/behind the dashboard, and put the trunk insulator back on the car.

It makes a profound difference between the 2012 model. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be thicker weatherstripping and rubber panels along the doors (but again, I came from a coupe, so I never saw what the 2012 Si sedan's doors were like with regards to this).

Didn't feel like reading through five pages but I did the exact same thing OP did only I went from a DBP 12 Si coupe to a DBP 13 Si sedan.

From what I read, they thickened the windshield glass and the front door side window glass, put more soundproofing materials in the wheel well and under the carpet/behind the dashboard, and put the trunk insulator back on the car.

It makes a profound difference between the 2012 model. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be thicker weatherstripping and rubber panels along the doors (but again, I came from a coupe, so I never saw what the 2012 Si sedan's doors were like with regards to this).

I was looking at the weather stripping too, but I can't remember if its any different than my sedan. It seems thicker but I'm not 100% sure.

The 2012 Si sedans sold in Canada always had the trunk liner.

While I was putting up my passenger side front window today, this piece came up from inside of my door, stuck to the window and fell on the seat. If I hadn't been looking out that window I would have never known where it came from.

I'm guessing it's the material in between the panel and the door. I'm not sure if its different than the '12s. I'm also not sure if it was attached to anything or if it was a piece that was left over in the factory and ended up in the door. The back of it is sticky. It's been very hot so that is probably why it came unstuck from whatever it was attached to.

image.jpg

While I was putting up my passenger side front window today, this piece came up from inside of my door, stuck to the window and fell on the seat. If I hadn't been looking out that window I would have never known where it came from.

I'm guessing it's the material in between the panel and the door. I'm not sure if its different than the '12s. I'm also not sure if it was attached to anything or if it was a piece that was left over in the factory and ended up in the door. The back of it is sticky. It's been very hot so that is probably why it came unstuck from whatever it was attached to.

View attachment 23847

Your car is spitting black sticky material at you....... :scratches:

Back