Official Georgia Chat Thread

Whenever you antisocial people extend an invite! :P

How've you been? Life has been crazy with not much free time here :( If all goes well we'll be moving up to exit 11 on 575 in april though.. so a little further away from y'all.

that's wierd. I was about to buy a house off of exit 11 last week, but had to back out cause the wifey job got cut. I want something with a three car garage. :)

As for me, ive been busy at a new start-up company. That plus new baby leave little time for anything else.

Gov. Deal: Ga. 400 toll will end next year

ATLANTA -

You can say goodbye to the toll on Ga. 400. Governor Nathan Deal announced Thursday that the toll will come to an end next year.

No specific end date was given, but Governor Deal said it will happen by the end of 2013. He said the state plans to pay off bonds backed by bond revenue early, thus ending the toll early. The tolls were originally set to end in 2017.

"There are time frames in which you can act, and we are acting at the earliest possible time frame to be able to remove the tolls, and to be able to pay off the bonds without causing the taxpayers to have to pay penalties for doing so," said Deal.

A section of Ga. 400 opened in 1993 with a toll in place, and expectations that the toll would eventually be eliminated. A few years ago, state officials under the previous governor extended the toll to pay for new construction projects along the highway.

Deal tied the announcement to the metro area's upcoming transportation tax referendum on the July 31 primary ballot, calling the move a "good faith effort" to restore public trust in government spending. Opponents of the tax have raised concerns about how such funds would be handled.

Deal also pointed to one of the larger items on the region's infrastructure wish list, which would put $400 million into a project at Ga. 400 and I-285 if the ballot measure passes.

Video and article here: http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/19064325/gov-deal-ga-400-toll-will-end

I was just about to buy a cruise card too. Lol. I'm always going down to Lenox and Phipps.

I think it would be appropriate to maybe keep the toll and use that revenue stream for the new transportation referendum.

We lived around the corner from Barrett for about a year..and in that time we never went to any of the Barrett meets. We didn't care for the crowd... or the Varsity crowd.
We used to wwwway back in the day but not anymore.

The panda is currently in GA for training crap. Living in a hotel for 2 weeks and no rental car. Lol. Can't wait to go home. I miss my civic.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Back