Photos -- Official Honda Civic Shift Knob Pics Thread --

same as my dude AlienPrime

33ubul4.jpg

:drooling: Such a sexy shift knob.

For those of you who have seen my posts in this thread, stay away from redlinegoods. I never received my new boot after sending my oem boot to them to use as a template. I think this guy is trying to skirt customs requirements. I don't care if I never get the boot, if that's the case.

Last edited:
For those of you who have seen my posts in this thread, stay away from redlinegoods. I never received my new boot after sending my oem boot to them to use as a template. I think this guy is trying to skirt customs requirements. I don't care if I never get the boot, if that's the case.

You wouldn't be the first person I heard of that had a bad experience dealing with them. My best friend's been going round and round with them for a while, and the previous owner of my car had many many many headaches trying to get his boot (which was supposed to be a freebie, but he ended up having to pay for it). It's a really nice shift boot though. I'm glad he finally got it. :giggle: Bad customer service is definitely a HUGE no-no for me.

^^^ Today I got out the tap and die set, and using the 10mm x 1.5 ran new threads about an inch further down on the oem shifter. The Delrin knob I use (its the black and red-striped one in this thread) is drilled almost completely through, so it took up the new threads just great. The shifter is now an inch shorter, without cutting it. To give you an idea, the oem retainer ring is now bottomed out where the shifter thickens at the base. I've never used a tap and die set before, and just used 3in1 oil to keep things moving. I removed nothing but he shifter ball and retainer ring.
I put a paper towel aroung the base to protect the boot and taped it up so no oil would get through. Took ten minutes, with the shifter in reverse to give clearance away from the em brake handle. Will post pix soon.

I still love the inch shorter shift knob,I still can't believe the difference it made:)

Back