Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

This is before pic. My Garrett turbo is going in this week! There's no kit for my Civic so we have to build it ourselves! I have a Hondata as well so this is going too be fun!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Destroyed my Window Seal Trim with the wrong pressure washer tip :( I've got the replacement parts from honda ($68 for all 4 door trim pieces) and I'll probably post a thread on how I replace them.
15319457_10211030638064518_429348187_n.jpg

15239245_10211030639344550_373309084_n.jpg

how high of a pressure was it?
Not so much the pressure as it was the nozzle I used. It has a "delicate" Nozzle that I use regularly to wash the car but I was removing plastidip from the car so I went up a nozzle to the "medium" one. Did NOT go well.

This is before pic. My Garrett turbo is going in this week! There's no kit for my Civic so we have to build it ourselves! I have a Hondata as well so this is going too be fun!!!

That's awsome! But you know there are multiple turbo kits for our cars right? PRL, Full race, maskspeed and much more.. full bolt on kits no modifying required.

Just an advice, I hope you dont plan on running the stock plastic manifold, I've heard of people melting them with a turbo, you need an rbc.

Yes and I trust my mechanic

what does trusting your mechanic have to do with turbo kits that ARE available? I was just saying there are numerous bolt-on turbo kits available for the 9th gen. You said there weren't any available. That's why I asked if you lived in the United States.

Replaced my factory battery yesterday. Nothing special, just went to Autozone since they offered the best warranty. I decided it was time after my car wouldn't turn over the night before - it wasn't cold yet and I had stepped in to Home Depot for all of 5 minutes, when I came out it acted normal until I turned the key and all I got was weird dash flashes and clicking noises. Upon installing the new battery (rated 50 more CCA than the stock battery) it started right up.
I had noticed that, especially on cold mornings, it was being sluggish to start. Sometimes it barely turned over. Now there is zero hesitation and the headlights even look brighter. Makes me wonder how worn out - or underpowered - the stock battery was.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Replaced my factory battery yesterday. Nothing special, just went to Autozone since they offered the best warranty. I decided it was time after my car wouldn't turn over the night before - it wasn't cold yet and I had stepped in to Home Depot for all of 5 minutes, when I came out it acted normal until I turned the key and all I got was weird dash flashes and clicking noises. Upon installing the new battery (rated 50 more CCA than the stock battery) it started right up.
I had noticed that, especially on cold mornings, it was being sluggish to start. Sometimes it barely turned over. Now there is zero hesitation and the headlights even look brighter. Makes me wonder how worn out - or underpowered - the stock battery was.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Do you have a stereo system in it. Or anything extra running too the battery?

what does trusting your mechanic have to do with turbo kits that ARE available? I was just saying there are numerous bolt-on turbo kits available for the 9th gen. You said there weren't any available. That's why I asked if you lived in the United States.
I must of posted at the wrong forum. My bad. Have a gracious day!

I must of posted at the wrong forum. My bad. Have a gracious day!

Next time may I suggest let's talk or chat about what I'm doing to my car instead of what I could've done!

PRL and Full-Race both make amazing turbo Kits. And to add to having to have a RBC Manifold is not correct if you melt the plastic one there is something wrong.

Back