ProCivic projector matte black LED headlights

So I'm just a little confused here on the LED daytime driving wiring. I have the ProCivic projectors as well (same from OP) and I am about to install them however I'm not clear on how to wire up the LED strip (black/white) wires. I want them to be on whenever the car is on, day or night. Generally I keep my headlights set to "AUTO" on my 2014 Honda Civic Ex Sedan.

I'm installing these new headlights, HIDs, and fog light kit tomorrow.

Thank you!

So I'm just a little confused here on the LED daytime driving wiring. I have the ProCivic projectors as well (same from OP) and I am about to install them however I'm not clear on how to wire up the LED strip (black/white) wires. I want them to be on whenever the car is on, day or night. Generally I keep my headlights set to "AUTO" on my 2014 Honda Civic Ex Sedan.

I'm installing these new headlights, HIDs, and fog light kit tomorrow.

Thank you!
Welcome!
One option is to run a wire from the lights, through the engine bay (to the right side) and then through the firewall to the cabin fuse box. Just need to buy a wire tap and tap into any fuse that turns on when the car turns on. Been a while, but if my memory serves me correctly fuse #23 will suit your needs. If you wanted to, you could hook them up to a button and have control over them.

Last edited:
Welcome!
One option is to run a wire from the lights, through the engine bay (to the right side) and then through the firewall to the cabin fuse box. Just need to buy a wire tap and tap into any fuse that turns on when the car turns on. Been a while, but if my memory serves me correctly fuse #23 will suit your needs. If you wanted to, you could hook them up to an button and have control over them.

Thanks Pauly! I did see another option was to wire it into the turn signal but that would require modifying the factory harness which I don't want to do.

I'll most likely run the wire through with the fog light harness when I run that. I assume run the white (+) wire into the fuse box and the black (-) wire I can just tap onto one of the other - on the headlight for ground?

Thank you

The best option is to wire the LED lights into the factory parking lights circuit. Again, they just need power and ground, so whatever circuit has power under certain conditions (like when the parking lights come one) will cause your LED lights to come on. The DRL circuit will force the LED lights to be on all the time (which some people like), but more importantly will not give the LED lights all the voltage they need to be at their brightest.

The best option is to wire the LED lights into the factory parking lights circuit. Again, they just need power and ground, so whatever circuit has power under certain conditions (like when the parking lights come one) will cause your LED lights to come on. The DRL circuit will force the LED lights to be on all the time (which some people like), but more importantly will not give the LED lights all the voltage they need to be at their brightest.

Hey, I do want them to be on all the time (when car is on of course), from what I can tell the parking lights are not on all the time. Also my fog lights say they also need to tap into the parking lights. If I was going to tap into them which wires is this?

Yes, I agree with ProCivic. Easiest way to do it is just tapping the wires into parking lights. There are plenty of videos on the net showing how to do this. The lights would only be one when you click once to turn on your
Parking lights or click twice to turn on headlights. Lights would not always be on.

@PRO Civic If he taps into DRA lights, wouldn't they tun off when he puts his head lights on?

Hey,

Yeah I talked to ProCivic on the phone too, I think I'm going to go with the fuse-tapping method so that they will always be on and just tap the parking lights for my fog lights trigger. (which I assume I can override with the fog light button to have them on anytime?)

Thanks again, just trying to find out the best options before I do all of this tomorrow. :)

I have the Spyder after market fog lights. They are fuse tapped and I have a button to control them. I keep them on all the time.

Hey, okay! So if I was to run the LED headlight into fuse 23 TAP and then also run the Fog Light trigger (green wire) into the same wire do you guys see any voltage issues? Since the fog is just a trigger not pulling power?

Fog light wiring diagram:
Screen%20Shot%202015-01-16%20at%203.13.23%20PM.png

Also looks like I will be using my HID kit in the fogs now as it will not fit the headlights.

Thanks

Hey, so I got everything installed today however I want the LED lights on all the time as I said above, so far can't find a single fuse that will do this without killing whatever else is on that fuse. Any ideas guys? My last resort is going to be adding in a manual on/off switch but thats going to be aggravating to remember to toggle. :/

Also what really is the purpose of that 'green' trigger wire on the fogs? All I can tell is it provides power to the switch / relay. Right now I also have it wired in with the LED lights.

Thanks!

Hey, so I got everything installed today however I want the LED lights on all the time as I said above, so far can't find a single fuse that will do this without killing whatever else is on that fuse. Any ideas guys? My last resort is going to be adding in a manual on/off switch but thats going to be aggravating to remember to toggle. :/

Also what really is the purpose of that 'green' trigger wire on the fogs? All I can tell is it provides power to the switch / relay. Right now I also have it wired in with the LED lights.

Thanks!

Im confused, your fog button doesnt turn on your fogs?

For the LEDs in your headlights, you can keep them on when you turn on the car by tapping to Fuse 12 or 27 (both 15A)

Thanks!
Hey bro open up the owners manual and find out what the acc fuse is. That's the ignition fuse so when the key is turned on the led lights are on that what I have hooked up on mine and they are on all the time. If you want I can confirm what fuse it is exactly and let you know?

Hey guys, thank you!

Okay so here we go:

Fuse 12 is always hot even when car is off. (This is an empty fuse for a 'center console' DC socket and that is always hot but by default there is not a fuse here since my EX doesn't have that socket.)
ACC (19) and ACC* (25) if used kill whatever else is on them, ex: ACC (19) is the headunit and it looses all power if I tap it.
The DC socket fuses were odd, I only have one under the headunit (27) and it goes off when car is off however its fuse (27) was always hot like Fuse 12.

Fuse 21: No effect, always on
Fuse 20: Prevented car from locking
Fuse 14: Have not tried but possibly since I dont have that feature, though may be like Fuse 12.
Fuse 35: No effect, stayed off.

For the fogs, they work just fine when I hook the trigger wire to any 12v source to provide power to the switch to turn them on/off. My only concern is leaving it on a constant always-on 12v source or if it should tie into the same source as the LED lights in my previous paragraph.

Lastly, I spoke to Pauly about this one, my footwell lights I ran to fuse 28 under the hood for interior lights and as soon as I tap it, the footwell lights work and all domes stop working.

* All grounds are tied together and ran to battery along with the fog light grounds. Only positives are being tapped to fuses.

Here is both fuse pages from manual:
under hood:
https://db.tt/rrEiKr8p
inside:
https://db.tt/zpC3XSPU

Thanks

Last edited:
Fuse 12 is always hot even when car is off. (This is an empty fuse for a 'center console' DC socket and that is always hot but by default there is not a fuse here since my EX doesn't have that socket.)
ACC (19) and ACC* (25) if used kill whatever else is on them, ex: ACC (19) is the headunit and it looses all power if I tap it.

Fuse 21: No effect, always on
Fuse 20: Prevented car from locking
Fuse 14: Have not tried but possibly since I dont have that feature, though may be like Fuse 12.
Fuse 35: No effect, stayed off.

Here is both fuse pages from manual:
under hood:
Screen%20Shot%202015-01-18%20at%2010.25.21%20AM.png

inside:
Screen%20Shot%202015-01-18%20at%2010.25.46%20AM.png

Thanks
Can't see images.

When you are tapping into a fuse already in use, are you adding 2 (two) appropriate numbered fuses into you wire tap? Like to this picture...
image.jpg

Hey, I fixed images in previous post.

No, I was just using one fuse in one of the slots, didnt realize it required two? So if its going into a 7.5 it should have two 7.5s in it?

Thanks

Back