Projector Headlamps

@Enigma346 @Pauly99to17

Hm ok, was hoping there'd be a closer fuse under the hood. Or even a wire connecting to the ambers.

I'm re-retrofitting my lights with halos btw. looks like i'll need to route a wire through the firewall then huh..

The LED lights in my headlights are just tapped into the amber parking lights. I did not run a wire.

@Pauly99to17

so the leds turn on when you have just the parking lights on? what happens when you engage the turn signal or hazard lights? i'm asking this because i thought our parking lights were just the turn signals at half voltage (like the DRL's).

OK, my lights are in and just recently I had to drive at night. Is it normal for it to seem like less light output on projectors or is it the bulbs im using? I'm using the noyka artic white stage ones.

One thing you can try is flipping the bulb 180 degrees in the housing. It supposedly changes the beam pattern pretty significantly. That may be the issue.

I don't recall anyone saying they had to readjust them up/down after turning the bulb.

OK. Wonder how that works. Changing the light pattern from just turning the bulb. Bulb looks pretty even all the way around. Thanks again

Mine do not look like the first picture. More like the second guys. But mine are dimmer and don't come up as high. Maybe I should do my own adjustment. Plus I'm not sure about the bulbs.

Put one of the halogen bulbs that came with the headlights on one side to compare?

It could also be the color of the light that seems like I'm seeing less. Seeing how it is artic white, closer to the blue spectrum of harder to see right? Any suggestions for that other then different color? I like the way it looks. Would HIDs help out instead?

OK, my lights are in and just recently I had to drive at night. Is it normal for it to seem like less light output on projectors or is it the bulbs im using? I'm using the noyka artic white stage ones.

Just figured I would let you know that when using the blue tinted bulbs, you are going to get less output on the road at night. I originally had put the Philips Crystal Vision "Xenon" looking bulbs in my housing and while I got the nice white looking light that I was looking for, I hated driving on back roads in the rain because the output was trash. I switched back to regular Philips bulbs and I would say that halogen low beam bulb-wise and for longevity (the high output bulb variants don't last as long), keep it stock for safety. I also paired them with the Putco Jet Yellow fogs which provides a "fuller" view of the road (I saw you installed fogs on another thread). Just my opinions from experience.

Sad day....My LED bar went out already. I put in a warranty return request with CarID. So far everything is going smoothly with them. Took them about 36 hours to respond to the request as they had to contact Spec-D to get an RMA for me. I'm actually in chat with CarID as I type this getting some questions answered before I send them back. The e-mail had conflicting information/details in it. So I wanted to talk with them first to make sure all is how I want it before we move forward. :) So far it is all going well. The support is great so far on CarID. A little slow on the responses but I'm guessing they have to look up the answers lol. I will let everyone know when I get this all squared out and tell you how the transaction with them during the return went.

sorry to hear you're having to get them replaced, but hopefully it goes smooth. Keep us posted

Thanks Webby. I will be sure to keep you all posted! Hopefully I get a picture of the LED bars working along side the fog lights this time. Try to get a better camera too. Phone camera doesn't do much to show how they really look. Seems to dull colors and such.

@Pauly99to17 you said you wired the LED bar on the headlight into the parking lamps. You just spliced into the parking lamp wires? Did you have to put a resistor or anything on the wires to the LEDs? I'm wondering if I might of shorted the LED bar somehow. They ran fine off of the regular headlights. Never hooked them to the DRLs. Or maybe it was just a malfunction or a flaw of that bar? Also, when wiring into my parking lamps, I did use a voltmeter to make sure I got the wire that got power when the switch was turned on. I know there was three wires on the parking lamps. My guess is the other that stayed dead was the turn signals wire. The one that stayed producing the constant voltage when the parking lamps was on was the correct one. Could you let me know what you think?

Back