roadmagnet springs 2012 civic

if you want to reimburse me $48 I paid for the 8th gen insulators feel free to do so.

The 8th gen insulator fits perfectly into the road magnet 9th gen spring..no more noises.
f1674ee4.jpg

The blue are the road magnets and on the car you can see the upper mounts are too small. Took it off the car to show the fit of the stock ones (using the stocks as a guide, I installed the upper mount...notice the rubber loop that goes around the top most coil.

The black are the stock springs to show the size of the top and bottom coil.

Also included what the upper mount looks like without the rubber portion.

Seeing it all again makes me really frustrated. Using the stock mounts and installing them the same way as they were on the stock springs is quite obvious they do not work.

Attachments

• IMG_5364.JPG
    IMG_5364.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5367.JPG
    IMG_5367.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5369.JPG
    IMG_5369.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5371.JPG
    IMG_5371.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5373.JPG
    IMG_5373.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5374.JPG
    IMG_5374.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 44
if you want to reimburse me $48 I paid for the 8th gen insulators feel free to do so.

The 8th gen insulator fits perfectly into the road magnet 9th gen spring..no more noises.

Glad to hear that they work. Would really like to get springs that fit the 2012 like the stocks (while lowering the car and stiffening the ride) rather than trying to patch it together. That is why I bought them in the first place. I could have gotten any number of 8th gen springs and used the 8th upper mount, but I wanted "perfect fit" for my 9th gen.

Believe me you're preaching to the choir..I can think of at least 3 other brands I would have bought if I was going to use 8th gen springs, especially since I hadn't even heard of road magnet. I'll chalk it up as a lesson learned, always trust your gut instinct.

thank you for posting pictures guys.. it means a lot. At least the 8th's fit, and it answers some looming questions. This info needs to be out in the open for others.

Good thing one of my buddies called them f****t magnet, when I told him about these springs a while back. That was enough for me not give em a shot, I was super close to pull the trigger too. Sorry to hear you guys got hoaxed..

I dont care what they are called...they are good besides the rubber isolator issue....maybe they will sell them with the rubber pieces now and send us who bought them already new spring isolators!?!?

The Road Magnet springs are good springs.... so no problems there. I think they must have gotten the design mixed up or something.... or perhaps their original fitment car (the Fox Marketing car) was using the 8th Civic bushings???

Anyway, give Road Magnet a chance on this.... they are good springs.
Chris

I dont argue with that, the drop looks great and they ride really good. We'll see if they make up for their mistake...

Personally using 8th gen mounts is not an option I would be ok with. For the 8th mounts to work, they have to be modified (center part cut out and a retaining connector is not used).

I am no expert, but considering the 9th gen has much smaller mount points, large bumps/enthusiastic driving might cause the springs to shift.

Personally using 8th gen mounts is not an option I would be ok with. For the 8th mounts to work, they have to be modified (center part cut out and a retaining connector is not used).

I am no expert, but considering the 9th gen has much smaller mount points, large bumps/enthusiastic driving might cause the springs to shift.

Not a chance they will drift. You ever try to remove the rear springs off the car? Very difficult even with the shocks disconnected. And yeah you have to modify the 8th Civic upper isolator, but it's so easy.

So, I'm not saying it's a long term solution, but I would be totally happy running 8th Civic springs on my own 9th Civic (if I had one) because it works so perfectly.

Chris

what modifications are made to the 8thgen isolators to work

Not a chance they will drift. You ever try to remove the rear springs off the car? Very difficult even with the shocks disconnected. And yeah you have to modify the 8th Civic upper isolator, but it's so easy.

So, I'm not saying it's a long term solution, but I would be totally happy running 8th Civic springs on my own 9th Civic (if I had one) because it works so perfectly.

Chris

Yes, I installed them myself (read not new to working on cars). A slight twist and a tug and they pop right off when not under load and everything is taken apart. I can shift them when there is no weight on the wheel with my hands (everything bolted together). Both of those situations are with the stock 9th gen mount.

I have no doubt that the upper rubber mounts for the 8th make the situation better, but again, if I wanted 8th gen springs, I would have bought 8th gen springs.

Don't get me wrong, the springs from a ride quality perspective are exactly what I wanted. The front springs fit perfectly. Just hope they are able to correct the fit for the rear springs and hope they are willing to replace the ones they have already sent.

Alaina said they would replace them if they determined there was a problem with the rears, I imagine it would take quite a long time to get a replacement pair of rears if they're going "back" to the drawing board.

Back