Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

dedicated summer / dedicated winter is still a huge improvement over all seasons. Especially if you live in an area with a decent amount of snow.
the neon is my snow car and will have snow tires-the civic will be parked so I don't ruin it.

those are for the honda si that have summer tires no good at 32 degrees. AS tires can handle cold weather. I don't like the AS tires I have 215, I prefer 225. I am going to sell my old AS tires should get maybe $200 for those. I will be able to drive the honda si on dry days in cold weather with the Michelins other wise the car is useless at 32 degrees. I tested out summer tires at 32 degrees -it was very bad, the car wanted to slide off the road. I will not use snow tires on the honda because those days it will be parked and my beater car neon takes over with snow tires on all four wheels 225 45 17 too. You need two cars in Maine-winter really screws up cars here-salt eats them alive. I might have been better off with just buying the Michelin's in the first place. Well have to see the difference. I know AS cannot beat a summer tire that is any good in hot weather-it feels like boots instead of sneakers. You have to adj to the weather temp's. Any way I hate seeing my dough leave:shadycorn:But I really like those fancy tires should be a lot of fun riding on those pilot 3+ with low temp sticky ness, the compound is very special on these. I would guess the 980 isn't that good in low temp, some AS get really hard in cold temp.

Last edited:
tires and tuning is enough for me. Winter is coming and tires that work in the cold is what matters. I liked the firehawks but I am driving to slow to actually need them. I do have fun with tires. I got firehawks-great tires and cooper as zeons-junk and goodyear summer excellent. The coopersAS zeons are junky, never expect much from coopers. I also have altmax snows excellent. and some Noikys as season 215 too small. I only want to run 225 45 17 super tire size and cheap. I seem to collect tires:joke::hmmm?:

the neon is my snow car and will have snow tires-the civic will be parked so I don't ruin it.

so why are you buying all seasons then?

those are for the honda si

you bought all season tires for the honda (which according to you will be parked) so you don't ruin it during the winter. Why would you need tires for it if it's not being driven? Leave the summer tires on till next summer if you aren't driving it over the winter. I don't get it.

with AS tires I can keep driving it in clear cold weather below 32 degrees, summer tires 32 degrees is the limit. You also have cold spring days. I put the summer tires back on in summer req 40 degrees. That's why they call the tire summer only. Correct tires for the correct temp. Must live in CA if you don't know that. Heavy duty cold temp below -------zero, req another tire they call those snow tires.:rotfl:AS start to not work below zero.:joke::paper::snow: I won't drive below zero xxxx with AS tires bound to be nasty weather. I don't like to let any car sit for a long time. there is like three months of really cold weather but some time's a 60 degree day pops up. One thing about summer tires should be stored in a heated area.
I know more about tires than 99% of humans, it's another hobby of mine. I love to see people slide off the road every year and ruin their car with cheapo tire's. I can see .75 miles down my road sometimes I call tow truck, but now let them get out by themselves bring out the popcorn:popcorn::bananapop::unamusedpopcorn: Oh discount tire gave me $100 off and about $16 off their lifetime of tire protection plan which is the best tire protection insurance I know of. The 980 turned out to be only $34 cheaper. Get this Michelin pp summers were $200 each with 300tread wear. the AS pilot 3+ retails for like $142 with 500 tread wear-a outstanding deal when you subtract $116 comes out to $135 a tire just $10 over my limit. Supposedly AS 3+ matches middle grade summer tires in performance which means it maybe the only true AS tire made. Others are just lousy in summer.

Last edited:
I know how winter tires work. I have dedicated summer/winter tires. You said the car would be parked. Moving on

Yes parked when the salt machine starts polluting the road:coffee::flame: why don't they simply do nothing and let people side around and crash, it would be better than driving a see though car.:badger:

I got snow blower or should I say the nosiest piece of good stuff as long as Ca doesn't mess with it and totally unsafe and wants to chop you up machine.:chopwood::rotfl:

Yes parked when the salt machine starts polluting the road:coffee::flame: why don't they simply do nothing and let people side around and crash, it would be better than driving a see though car.:badger:
that's why the honda will be parked with salt is all over the place, but sometimes the roads clear out and I can drive it on new Michelin 3+ pilots that drive like a decent summer tire. Only one tire company is making that claim. I just got the Michelin's, but still warm so the summer tires stay on for now.:guitar:the salt cause $1,000 worth of rust on my SRT-4 and I was washing the salt off and under coating it too, still when you get a car covered in a acid bath of salt nothing is going to stop rust.:bananawhipdance::bleh::box::brock:

Last edited:
The Michelin tires with insurance on them is now $663 today. I paid first $540 then they over charged me on insurance. I got a refund of $9.50. the final price ended up $531 for four Michelin 225 45 17 3+ AS with lifetime 2/32 war. that saved $132, They also owe me on a tire that I had insurance on that the back brake warped-going to get a new tire $95-thats for the neon. I am a bit stingy:rotfl::violin::shadyhat::stickpokesmiley: May have a offer on the srt-4:confuzzled:

tires are the first and bullet proof mod anyone should make-Best sticky tires and bigger 225 vs 215 is a huge difference on the Honda-and I like the stock rims a lot-first car that that has happened..:vtec: Haven't really used vtec much:shadyhat: I have enough tires now for a few years:hmmm?::pat::box::drooling::fistpump:On second though my vfr 800 needs a back tire.

Last edited:
simple way to all ways have fresh brake fluid, I just tried this with the Neon does also work on any car. Open the bleeder and let it drip a bit then tighten it up-no air is getting in as long as you don't let all the fluid out. And do this when ever you take the wheel off, most of the really bad stuff is in the caliper due to gravity. There is no need for speed bleeder's that have gotten quite expensive.:coffee: Now the test drive to see how the brakes are working, I also fill the brake fluid right to the top-it seems to make the brake work a little faster.:paper:

I got a ticket this year from a cop who was hiding behind someone house down a big hill. I was going 15 over but it was because I was in neutral going down a large hill.

Well this cell phone smart phone law is going to really piss off people. I don't really use a cell phone unless I am parked, but this doesn't matter your gps falls off the mount not a cell phone and you pick it up -ticket $50 then goes up from there. the Gestapo! :cornmad:

Last edited:
Back