Thinking of trading up to SI

bad fishy

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Si
So, I've had my EX for a month now and I love it. Been reading and researching the SI model and I want one. I really like that it ha all the upgrades I want to make to mine already (subwoofer, spoiler, 17" wheels) and some other nice features. I'm really after that engine though as I went from a 3.5 Altima to a 1.8 and I'm stating to miss the speed and torque.

My question is, is it really worth it? Any ideas on how much I'll lose after having the new car for a month? My dealer has rallye red an sunburst orange on the lot, both sedans. Have to have a sedan for the ease of car seats...lol

Another member did the same thing after 6 months or something. He didn't say how much money was involved in the trade-in/swap. Easiest option would be to take your car to the dealer that has the SI and see what they'd offer on the trade. One thing to think about - the 2013's are supposed to be at dealerships at the end of Nov. The SI models are to arrive soon after that. Once that happens, the 2012's will obviously need to be sold off (if they haven't been sold already).

Well, left the dealer after getting the trade in value and new payment price. A few minutes after getting home I get a call with a much better price. Looking at a $100 more a month.

I'm just torn on owning a standard. They're fun and all, but it just seems like I'd miss my automatic. Plus, I'd have to teach my wife to drive standard!

Just don't let her drive the car. Mine backs it out of the garage and that's about it.
I had the 09 ex auto.
Its a much better car for a little more money.
Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Ask yourself why you bought the EX in the 1st place...... Like reg gas, better gas milage ?
How much are you going to lose in a early trade ? Not just the car, but insurance, prem-gas, less miles per gallon ? Do you see the cost of gas going up in the furture(that's the one I think is going to bite us, we keep hoping it won't and we won't lose our jobs , etc., etc.).

I remember when I ordered my 8thgen Si right after they came out, and I had to wait 3 months for it to be delivered. About a week before I picked it up, my wife discovered it only came with a standard transmission. She was not happy :mad: since she cannot drive a stick.

:rotfl:

I wouldn't let anyone drive a car of mine that didn't know how to drive a straight stick, but that's just me.

It isn't hard to learn if u put ur mind to it. I didn't know how to drive one and now I'm great! I started on an Audi A4 which was much smoother than the Si tranny. But I guess it's cuz it was an older car with way more miles. But I was always into stick shift tho and wanted to learn. I taught my bro to drive it when we got his veloster n he's getting better at it. But his tranny feels way different than mine, n I hate his shifter.

so, is it like a $5k difference - if you're saying your payments are changing by $100/month?

so, is it like a $5k difference - if you're saying your payments are changing by $100/month?

yeah, with the negative equity. what grade gas does SI run? Didnt even think of the gas costs being higher due to mpg difference...

the si runs on premium (91 or 93 depending on what's available in your area)

How much would you be paying a month and for how long?
The Si is worth it IMO, so fun.
You should wait them out a little longer, obviously they want to sell the car since they called you right away, tell them what you want to pay and they will keep calling you with new offers day after day lol

Paying 400/mo for my EX at 60/mo. The SI would be 500/mo at 72/mo. Sounds horrible now that I'm looking at it. I guess that's with my negative equity rolled into the new purchase.

dealerships have been warned to sell off all 2012's asap... not sure what pricing you were giving on the sedan, but they should be doing everything to get rid of it.

read the bolded areas at least below:

Honda warns dealers to clear out 2012 Civic stock, 2013 emergency refresh on sale Nov. 29

Dear Honda Dealer,

Thank you for your effort of selling down the 2012 Accord. As you remember from the dealer meeting earlier this summer in Philadelphia, our priority at the time was to get the Accord down to a reasonable days supply by our September launch date for the new model. Our sell down of the 2012 Accord is right in line of where we want to be, and the 2013 Accord is doing extremely well since it's release back in September. Your focus and selling effort on Accord is greatly appreciated.

Obviously, Accord sales makeup a huge part of getting to the company goal of 1,300,000 by the end of the year; however, Civic's role is just as important. You may be aware that the refreshed 2013 Civic will be available for sale on November 29, 2012. When it arrives on your lots you will see dramatic improvements to the exterior styling that moves Civic into a more premium sporty direction. The interior has even more upgrades and improvements to bring more sophistication and quality to its appearance. As I said in Philadelphia, we are taking a good Civic that is currently the leading selling vehicle in the small car segment regardless of fleet sales, and made is a great car. This is a car the breathes the famous Honda driveability, quality, reliability (DQR) that has made Honda what it is today. A brand that consumers want us to produce for you to sell. This vehicle is not produced simply to catch up to our competition it is being produced to expand its dominance and reign once again as the bench mark of the small car segment.

Civic makes up almost 25% of our 990,00 Honda sales for the year - it is a critical component in our goal to reach 1.3 million sales for the year. For your dealership to take full advantage of the refreshed Civic and the marketing we will have supporting it you must greatly increase the turn rate on our 2012 Civics. With the unprecedented enhancements we have made to the current Civic after its first year in its cycle you will want to have little to no Civics on hand at arrival time of this refreshed 2013 model. The changes made to the 2013 model will make the outgoing 2012 Civic a difficult model sell when they are side to side. I strongly encourage you to discuss your Civic inventory situation with your district manager today, and set up a sell down strategy that will reduce your total remaining model year 2012 Civics by a minimum of 60% before December 1, 2012. I cannot stress enough, sell down of your 2012 Civics is critical to the 2013 Civic launch and the success of inventory balance at your dealership.

Take action now! The 2013 Civic will come to you at full speed. Our plant in Indiana which produces Civic will run at full capacity with Civic production, and we will even get production from Canada too. Commit to reduce your model year 2012 Civics by 60% or more before December 1, 2012. And be prepared on November 29, to receive the greatest Civic ever produced!

Sincerely,
David Hendley
Assistant Vice President Honda National Sales

I ended up paying $400/month for 60 months for my Si. My dad signed for it though and we used his credit which got us the 1.9%
I think a fair price would be around $430-450 a month considering the negative equity. I wouldn't go 72 months but thats just me

Just went back and checked my paperwork and I'm currently on a 72, I was thinking it was a 60/mo term.

Thanks for that insider memo, it was very interesting, almost so to just wait for the 13 model. Maybe they can get me into the same monthly and I can get it!

dealerships can order 2013's currently. You could order whatever color/options you want. It'd be december + till you'd see it though.

Back