Thinking of trading up to SI

Deal done!

I am the proud new owner of a 2012 Sunburst Orange Si sedan!

I think I made out pretty good. I paid 21500 for the car and got 16k for mine. I had them throw in the 6yr extended warranty and lower my interest rate. I had a 4.3% on my EX and now have a 2.9% on my Si. Also have lifetime oil changes. All to go from $407/mo to $450/mo and no down payment!

They weren't flexible on the car price much, but the shaved money in fees big time to get me at my monthly payment. I had to almost walk out about 3 times.

Now I need to learn more about my Si! So many questions.....
Congrats man! Sounds like you did pretty damn good!

Deal done!

I am the proud new owner of a 2012 Sunburst Orange Si sedan!

I think I made out pretty good. I paid 21500 for the car and got 16k for mine. I had them throw in the 6yr extended warranty and lower my interest rate. I had a 4.3% on my EX and now have a 2.9% on my Si. Also have lifetime oil changes. All to go from $407/mo to $450/mo and no down payment!

They weren't flexible on the car price much, but the shaved money in fees big time to get me at my monthly payment. I had to almost walk out about 3 times.

Now I need to learn more about my Si! So many questions.....
ask away! :D

pretty sure there isn't anything we can't answerrr :D

Thanks guys, I'm having fun in it already?

Where can I find a good resource for shifting. I can drive standard, but I would like to learn how to shift better. Maybe a good YouTube video?

Also, what up with the rev hang?

Where can I find a good resource for shifting. I can drive standard, but I would like to learn how to shift better. Maybe a good YouTube video?

Practice, practice, practice. Once you get accustomed to the friction point with the clutch you will be fine.

Rev hang has been rehashed many times over. Essentially, learn to shift efficiently around it or pony up for FlashPro.

Ask away bro thats why we are hear ..we are one big happy civic family lol

ALSO CONGRATS ON THE NEW RIDE :dancing::cheerleader::dancing1::domokundance::dogdance::rockwoot::spinning::woowoo:

and with shifting just do your thing dont let any1 tell you because a car gets use to your shifting habits and forms itself to you so just keep driving you'll get better and the car will only answer to you lol

if you were to drive two of the same si's and one owner babies the car and the other owner is more agressive when he/she drives both car cars would feel very different ...thats why i let no1 else drive my car only my fiance and thats only if im with her.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I guess I'll just keep driving until I develop my own style. I've been pretty light on it this morning as I'm just trying to get a feel of the new ride.

Also, the Rpm's seem to run higher on the Si than my EX. When I'm cruising in 6th at 70 mph my rpm is around 3-4k. Seems like my EX was in the 2k range. Is that just the difference in gearing and engine?

Now warn the wifey that there are tons of after market stuff for it just so she knows what to expect lol

yeah the k24 is a high rever bro it get to the speed you want alot quicker than an r18 thats why its a 6spd its all good

Last edited:

CONGRATS !!! you paid 100$ less then me too(i didnt have a trade though haha)

Only time and yourself can teach you how to shift.. Before you know it your doing it without even thinking about it. And yes the revhang is annoying, at first... Im at 7700 miles roughly and I am used to it by now. If it really bugs you, Flashpro or hondata is really the only way to fix it.... enjoy though man

And here she is today...

C770273E-EDBD-4AD5-8A5B-2F8297A42B7B-33058-00000959BDC3907F_zpsf707bcf0-1.jpg

Congrats you made quite the deal!!

and it's not the k24 making your Rpms high it's the transmission my 03 accord had a k24 and it was at 3k at 80

Awesome man! Hope you really like it! Sounds like it was a good transaction all around.!

Anybody else thinking of trading up to an Si, DO IT! I have fallen in love with the automobile all over again. It was cool with my automatic EX, but it's like getting my drivers license all over again with my Si. I don't mind paying a little more a month for the fun factor. And, I really haven't noticed a big difference at the pump like I thought I would. Guess I need to start a new build thread as the mods have begun...

Thanks all for your opinions and help!

Back