Thinking of trading up to SI

Don't let them keep talking payments with you make sure they are giving you a good price on your trade. And make sure they are giving you the si below invoice. Of they got 2 of them they have to get them gone soon. Its the end of the month .and the other civics 2013. from what I heard are here in the US just waiting on sales of the 2012 to deliver them to the dealers. The math is simple you can use car payment calculators. To get the best deal. Get the numbers they are using to make your payments. Post them up here people will help.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Went by the dealership for an oil change in the wife's CRV and strolled to the sales department. They still have the 12' Sunburst Orange Si sedan on the lot. I talked to the sales manager and he worked my payment to $450 with the trade in of my EX. I'll still be on a 72 month term. Just bought the EX in Sept, so I'm carrying some negative equity too.

I currently pay $407, so it's not that much more. I'm so torn...

Any advice?

So for $3096 more during the life of the loan, you get to trade in a slightly used car with negative equity and upgrade to an Si.
On the surface of it, it seems like a fair deal to me. Keep in mind that you will lose automatic climate control.

Can you afford to pay $450 a month, and not feel like you're "possibly" paying more than you can handle ? If there's a voice in side saying you're getting in over your head than don't do it.

If you can do it and not have to debate with that voice, than buy it.

Are they making you put any money down? I just got my 2012 SI Sedan with NAV, and i was $8k upside down when I traded my vehicles in ( in the end I got a little more for my trades, can't remember what the final upside down amount was). I had to put $1k down and my payments are $420 a month for 75 months I beleive. The Sales price of the car was $22,000 before fees, taxes etc.

Does the one you are looking at have Navi? What is the sale price they are offering it to you for?

And as some one who just bought a 2012 sedan before the 2013's were on the lot, I really wish i would have waited and got the 2013. There are so many little things that really add up.

They asked for $500 down, but I think I can haggle more. I wouldn't take the first offer anyway. I talked to my wife about it today and got the ok!

I'm seriously thinking about it, but I want to make sure I'm getting the Si for close to 20k because the have 13's on the lot already for close to 24k. I have to really convince them that if the discount isn't deep, I'd go for the 13 and they would still have a 12 sitting on the lot! And if they can't move on the price, I'll say I would settle for the HFP kit

Might go back up there tomorrow.

They asked for $500 down, but I think I can haggle more. I wouldn't take the first offer anyway. I talked to my wife about it today and got the ok!

I'm seriously thinking about it, but I want to make sure I'm getting the Si for close to 20k because the have 13's on the lot already for close to 24k. I have to really convince them that if the discount isn't deep, I'd go for the 13 and they would still have a 12 sitting on the lot! And if they can't move on the price, I'll say I would settle for the HFP kit

Might go back up there tomorrow.
I don't think they have an HFP kit for the sedans. But you are in a really good posistion, because you don't "need" to get a new car, you already have a 2012 EX I am assuming you like, so the only way they are going to put you in an SI is if they give you their best price.

I don't think they have an HFP kit for the sedans. But you are in a really good posistion, because you don't "need" to get a new car, you already have a 2012 EX I am assuming you like, so the only way they are going to put you in an SI is if they give you their best price.

Oh, didnt know that about the HFP kit. I would be keen on the wheels though!

And, you're right about me loving my EX I have now. I just long for the power and fun of the Si. I think a dad deserves to have a little fun too!

Just heard from the sales manager. He's offering 21,500 now. It has the summer tires, splash guards, tint and trunk liner already. I bet I can go lower!

Let me help confuse you further...

Spend 3k and get the jackson racing supercharger for your EX. Power when you want it, mileage when you don't.
+40hp if you have an A/T
+60 if you have manual and get the intercooler
+100 if the above and go for the race package.

Si power range with r18 mileage.

Just heard from the sales manager. He's offering 21,500 now. It has the summer tires, splash guards, tint and trunk liner already. I bet I can go lower!

I bet they can get it to $20,000 fairly easy. Mine had navi and I got it for $22,000. And like Brooksie365 said, if they wont come down any lower, try to get your scheduled services covered for X years/miles.

Also, if they say they can't go any lower, try squezing a little more out of your trade.

What did they offer you on your trade for the EX?

I see the 2012 EX with between 4 - 8k miles are bringing about 16k dealer cost. Doesn't leave the dealer much room. If they offer 15 you're probably doin pretty good. This is not a V-auto number so it's not exactly what your dealer will use to value your car but it's a national sales average number for the last 30 days, 2012 EX 4-dr auto.

I can pin down a better number for you:

1) What part of the country are you in?
2) Mileage?

You're right about the wife part, that is the biggest challenge!

They called and asked me to come in today. I'm going to push as far as they will go. Like said before, I have the upper hand since they need to clear the 12 stock and I have a car I'm happy with.

You're right about the wife part, that is the biggest challenge!

They called and asked me to come in today. I'm going to push as far as they will go. Like said before, I have the upper hand since they need to clear the 12 stock and I have a car I'm happy with.
awesomee :) make a deal of a lifetime!! :)

Back