Twister8008's PMM Machine Build

Here are my final research numbers. Maybe this will help someone else out there. I realize install prices are different. I guess this is where the phrase, "You have to pay to play" comes from. http://www.***************/forum/images/smilies/frown.png

Turbo Setup:
*Garrett GTX 3076/3071
*RBC Intake Manifold $375
*Total $5120
*Install
*Clutch $400/380
*Turbo $1500-1700/1425-1615
*Dyno $165/156.5
*Total $2036.50
***GRAND TOTAL $7156.50***

Kraftwerks
* Rotrex Supercharger $4273 (includes Grams Injectors)
* Total $4273
*Install
*Supercharger $650/617.5
*Clutch $600/570
*Dyno $165/156.5
*Total $1344
***GRAND TOTAL $5617

CTE
*Supercharger $3519
*2.95” pulley $40
*Vit aftercooler $1285
*Big Bore Inlet TB adapter $259
*Tune only $130 (saves $70)
*Total $5233
*Install
*Supercharger $1400/1330
*Clutch $600/570
*Total $1900
***GRAND TOTAL $7133***

Upgrades needed
*Hondata 4 Map sensor $99
*NGK 1422 Spark Plugs $42
*ID Injectors $470
*ACT Streetlite flywheel $270 _ STILL Haven’t decided on this yet…
*ACT Organic clutch $430-490 _ STILL Haven’t decided on this yet…
*Perin Dual pod $84
*AEM Fail safe boost/air to fuel ratio gauge $318 ($170 INSTALL)
*Oil pressure gauge $202.98 ($85 INSTALL)
*Vit Tune $200

***TOTAL $2390.98***

If you're mechanically inclined, installing either supercharger kit should be doable on your own, that'll cut down on expenses. Also, if you're going to go for a supercharger, you'll probably be fine on the stock clutch for a while. You'll need it down the road, but at least it won't be part of the initial expense.

I was on the same boat as you, I read through a lot of threads, got a lot of opinions and for me the CTE supercharger is the best option.. It's reliable, you make good power and I haven't heard about any problems as the kraftworks or turbo kit.. I daily my car so that's another worry for me. I so that's my plan for now.

If you're mechanically inclined, installing either supercharger kit should be doable on your own, that'll cut down on expenses. Also, if you're going to go for a supercharger, you'll probably be fine on the stock clutch for a while. You'll need it down the road, but at least it won't be part of the initial expense.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I am not that mechanically inclined, but I am learning. I was watching a video by SI DAPPER (sp) and he said that turbos require someone who can really trouble shoot their car to find/fix problems that occur. He had melted wires and such. I personally wouldn't know where to start there. I wonder how long that stock clutch would hold up...

Thanks. Unfortunately, I am not that mechanically inclined, but I am learning. I was watching a video by SI DAPPER (sp) and he said that turbos require someone who can really trouble shoot their car to find/fix problems that occur. He had melted wires and such. I personally wouldn't know where to start there. I wonder how long that stock clutch would hold up...
Well, supercharger install is much easier than a turbo install, and idk about Kraftwerks, but the CTe one comes with detailed instructions.

I don't know how much the extra power from the aftercooler would effect it, but I've been at 285whp since my CTe install and that's been 15k miles now on the stock clutch and it's still holding up just fine.

My wife is from the Missoula area, and I have been stationed in Great Falls. I can't find anything online that hints to E85 being up there. I called several stations in Missoula and they told me they only get as low as 87. They were flabbergasted when I told them it was ran off of ethanol

There are a few sites that claim they have e85 in Montana, but despite sites claiming a station has it, I've found they actually didn't.

One website claimed this place has it in great falls

Great Falls Best Oil Distrib
5401 River Drive N

5401 River Drive N Great Falls Montana
406-453-4884

I wouldn't mess with e85 though. Unless it's all over the city and surrounding cities where you're planning to be, I wouldn't use it.

Back