xXCiviXx's 2013 DBP Si aka Alice (Picture Heavy)

Winter is coming pretty late here in NJ. We've been getting 60+ degree Fahrenheit temps lately.
Same here. Usually we have snow early to mid October along with cooler temperatures. This is the first snow that hasn't melted on contact. It's been between 0°C and 10°C mostly which is really really nice for this time of year. Pretty much T-shirt weather here hahaha. But 60°F sounds nicer still!! Don't have to worry about all the salt quite yet!

We don't have any snow here. I'm crossing my fingers that this continues because my winter tires aren't going on till December.

We don't have any snow here. I'm crossing my fingers that this continues because my winter tires aren't going on till December.
As much as I wanted the dry roads to stay, I'm looking forward to getting more snow here (in the mountains at least lol). So excited for the upcoming snowboard season to test out my new board!

Even though this was our first real snowfall of the winter, it came about a month later than normal and people still weren't prepared. Mostly clear highways and people were going 90Km/h (speed limit is 110Km/h) and even saw some people in the ditch. I was going highway speed and never slipped; of course after I tested the roads by braking softly then increasingly aggressively to see how they were. Only had traction control come on when I was accelerating hard to merge onto the highway.

Installed my Morimoto HID wire harness today and almost finished my retrofit, but ran into a problem so it may take another day or 2 to finish. Also took off my STI lip for the winter

20151206_135950.jpg

Pro Design Projector vs retrofit projector (both 8000k)
20151206_151757.jpg
8000k vs 6000k in pro design headlights20151206_183742.jpg

It's not quite done yet, but I made it out of a 12mm acrylic rod that I shaped inside the headlight lens, bought a CREE LED bulb with multiple LEDs from eBay, soldered the LEDs off the bulb and placed one at each end of the acrylic. Attached everything and wired it up. Just need to find the right resistors so i dont blow the LEDS. Also sanded the back side of the acrylic so the light has something to bounce off and make the rod appear brighter

so in that picture there is a led on the left hand side (end)? It looks like I can see a black piece at the top of the right side. I'm guessing one led setup is in there?

so in that picture there is a led on the left hand side (end)? It looks like I can see a black piece at the top of the right side. I'm guessing one led setup is in there?
Yup. I have reflective tape around the LED to prevent light from going out the top or sides and shrink wrap over top to clean it up and hide wires

A few people on the forum doing some awesome things with their lights at the same time. Really interesting.

Last edited:
Love the light pipe setup. I thought about doing something similar to the Corolla retrofit that I did, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Let alone make it look right.
You managed to do both. Perhaps I'll take some notes on what you did and mod the Corolla ones in a similar fashion before I sell them.
Regardless Awesome work!

Love the light pipe setup. I thought about doing something similar to the Corolla retrofit that I did, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Let alone make it look right.
You managed to do both. Perhaps I'll take some notes on what you did and mod the Corolla ones in a similar fashion before I sell them.
Regardless Awesome work!
Thanks! I really appreciate that!

Morimoto XB Fog Lights ordered from TRS to match my Morimoto retrofit. Hopefully the polycarbonate lenses on the XB fog lights last longer and don't crack like the glass lenses on my stock fogs :(

The glass cracked? What happened?
a rock hit it this spring, slowly cracked and recently shattered. It destroyed the LED in the housing and I've been been looking for a replacement for about a month or two. For the cost of an aftermarket OEM style replacement, I got these. I really hope the polycarbonate holds up to Canadian winter road conditions. Also, I used a holiday coupon code for 15% off at TRS :)

Back