2012 9thcivic.com Tail of The Dragon I - Chat, Pics and Videos thread

just heard a newer vette rip through town... my gosh the thing was freaking LOUUDD. He was going in the opposite direction so I couldn't get a good look at his exhaust, but man. L o u d

I think the intake / LT / tune idea that Ken had is a much better idea like hacking off the mufflers. I mean what idiot would just remove the mufflers from his car?? :banghead:

s7u9f.jpg

"I'm sorry occifer, what did you say? I think these ear muffs are preventing me from hearing your stupid excuse to pull me over."

Ken.. get an exhaust with valve control so you can open/close whenever you feel your age, or 18 :)

I wish I had that, I'm thinking about going back to stock exhaust soon, I get tired of noise pretty fast

I'm thinking of getting long tube headers, CAI, and a tune. The shop, who would do the work, says there will be a slight increase in the exhaust level. More importantly, they also say I would see a 50 HP increase.

I see many guys who install louder mufflers in addition to this, and soon discover how annoying it is to drive that way.

There is also a stock system (from GM) that uses active valves that open above 3000 rpm. Many guys then buy a switch to manually control it. I've looked into this, and the cost would be substantially more than getting the LTH, CAI & tune.

Back