2012 9thcivic.com Tail of The Dragon I - Chat, Pics and Videos thread

Love the way long tubes make it sound. Much more sophisticated, and seems like a better decision financially than the valve hack.

Dealership painted my hood and front fenders, due to the TSB, but no luck on the roof. I will just have to get the whole car painted in the near future.

Dealership painted my hood and front fenders, due to the TSB, but no luck on the roof. I will just have to get the whole car painted in the near future.
excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something is better than nothing, right? are you doing the happy dance?

excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something is better than nothing, right? are you doing the happy dance?
Kind of. I got the TSB letter in the mail and was surprised they painted the hood on a car with over 140k miles.

what's the tsb over... clear coat issues?
"2006 to 2010 Civics, the exterior paint on the hood and the leading edge of the front fenders may crack."
It is for Nighthawk Black Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, and Fiji Blue Pearl

I think it is labeled a warranty extension to 7 years from the original date of purchase.

my gosh...that's like roughly a million + cars in that range. No idea how many of them fall into those paint codes....but that's a lot of repainting!

Owie..... Fender of the Corvette should go on the tree with a saying this is what happens when a biker waves to the camera...

I'm thinking of getting long tube headers, CAI, and a tune. The shop, who would do the work, says there will be a slight increase in the exhaust level. More importantly, they also say I would see a 50 HP increase.

I see many guys who install louder mufflers in addition to this, and soon discover how annoying it is to drive that way.

There is also a stock system (from GM) that uses active valves that open above 3000 rpm. Many guys then buy a switch to manually control it. I've looked into this, and the cost would be substantially more than getting the LTH, CAI & tune.

I've seen people with Porsche's that have the exhaust valves and they switched them to either always open or manually open. Pretty cool

The red corvette that was with the S2K group had the mufflers with the valves, I saw him switch it open once. I wish I can somehow get them on my car.

Yeah Ken get some electric exhaust cutouts! They are basically an open header dump behind the cat, usually, and you can wire a switch or do it remote from a keyfob. Closed is quiet as stock or Full Open ProStreet noise levels.

Ive been doing some shopping....
QTP seems to have a good setup.

qtp-electric-cutter.jpg

cut-out-exhaust.jpg

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php

Back