DIY 2012 Civic Si - How to install CT Engineering Short Shift adapter and CorSport Base Bushings

I'm guessing he means shift boot/knob all back in it's original position.

Good luck. Pm if help is needed
Got halfway through today before I had to go to a dinner thing, but I'll finish tomorrow morning. Just gotta put everything back together now so that's the easy part.

Squiggy,
Awesome write up, thank you for taking the time to do this. I would like to add one thing that worked out really well for me to get these plastic push clips out.
I placed a 5/8" socket over top of the clip (the ring sits nicely on the edges of the socket) and pushed with my finger from the backside of the clip. It popped out real easy. No marring of the the panel or clip!

c9.sized.jpeg

c10.sized.jpeg

To be continued in the next post...

Squiggy,
Awesome write up, thank you for taking the time to do this. I would like to add one thing that worked out really well for me to get these plastic push clips out.
I placed a 5/8" socket over top of the clip (the ring sits nicely on the edges of the socket) and pushed with my finger from the backside of the clip. It popped out real easy. No marring of the the panel or clip!

No problem. Thanks for adding the tip! It will also help reduce the possibility of breaking the clips.

I am absolutely amazed at the amount of attention this DIY has gotten. :excited:

Squiggy or anyone else who did this mod...

Could you guide me through the process of removing the the shifter cables as displayed in the pictures below?
I tried to do this as described in the steps from this great DIY.
- move away white plastic piece
- rotate spring loaded black piece (HOW MANY TURNS?)
- slide out shifter cable (HOW DO I DO THIS?)

This seemed difficult to do and I didn't want to mess anything up so I stopped. Everything seemed real snug and the cables seemed real tight from the floor to the white housing. Do I have to worry about the black piece rotating CW after I get it off?

Thanks for your help. I have stopped installation until I feel confident (through your replies :) ) I will not mess anything up.

Remove the right hand shifter cable.

c19.sized.jpeg

8. Remove the left hand shifter cable.

c20.sized.jpeg

To be continued in the next post...

Squiggy or anyone else who did this mod...

Could you guide me through the process of removing the the shifter cables as displayed in the pictures below?
I tried to do this as described in the steps from this great DIY.
- move away white plastic piece
- rotate spring loaded black piece (HOW MANY TURNS?)
- slide out shifter cable (HOW DO I DO THIS?)

This seemed difficult to do and I didn't want to mess anything up so I stopped. Everything seemed real snug and the cables seemed real tight from the floor to the white housing. Do I have to worry about the black piece rotating CW after I get it off?

Thanks for your help. I have stopped installation until I feel confident (through your replies :) ) I will not mess anything up.

A LOT of turns. Keep turning it and it will eventually be easy to slide out towards you. The black peice will return to its original position once you let go of it. You will have to turn it to loosen it again before you put it back on, but that is not a big deal as you can hold onto both sides.

Last edited:
I will be standing by for further questions.

Thanks Squiggy!
Do I have to worry about any of the other questions I asked? I would assume no :) since you did not answer them.

How is it holding up? Are you still super happy you did this?

Back