webby

Also AEM Cold Air Intake for 2012+ Si/2013+ ILX
Part# 21-716C
List Price: $325
AEM-21-716C.jpg

Part# 21-716P
List Price: $375
AEM-21-716P.jpg

Same intake just one is Polished finish, the other is charcoal gray.

I have this intake, @ WOT it pulls **consistently** 3-5F over ambient temps.
This goes down into the bumper right behind the fog light housing.

DYNO:
http://www.aemintakes.com/dynocharts/AEM-21-716_dyno.pdf

Installed in my ILX below.

408751_10201137042173800_1206140655_n.jpg

Last edited:
webby

Also AEM Cold Air Intake for 2012+ Si/2013+ ILX
Part# 21-716C
List Price: $325
AEM-21-716C.jpg

Part# 21-716P
List Price: $375
AEM-21-716P.jpg

Same intake just one is Polished finish, the other is charcoal gray.

I have this intake, @ WOT it pulls **consistently** 3-5F over ambient temps.
This goes down into the bumper right behind the fog light housing.

DYNO:
http://www.aemintakes.com/dynocharts/AEM-21-716_dyno.pdf

Installed in my ILX below.

408751_10201137042173800_1206140655_n.jpg
Nice! Does that route under the fender (infront of the driverside wheel)?

Nice! Does that route under the fender (infront of the driverside wheel)?

It sits perfectly right in front of the drivers side front wheel well, and literally if you pulled out your driver side fog light the filter is right there behind it. It has the bends but even the piping doesn't heat up easily with its placement. It's really well protected between some plastics too. Install is cake!

**added attachment showing the front wheel well pulled back. Sorry, I dunno why it flipped sideways

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Very nice. I'm pretty surprised that Injen didn't do the same design. Their filter just sits right under the battery which is still enclosed with the engine inside the engine bay.

Very nice. I'm pretty surprised that Injen didn't do the same design. Their filter just sits right under the battery which is still enclosed with the engine inside the engine bay.

It was really a shot in the dark for me to use this intake. I studied how this was installed as the ILX and Civic have a little bit of a difference in the engine bay. The Injen doesn't even fit our cars! I am hoping to switch to the Skunk2 3.5" when it comes out. If it ends up being like the 8th Gen the battery location stays convenient vs a Rick Spec'd.

It was really a shot in the dark for me to use this intake. I studied how this was installed as the ILX and Civic have a little bit of a difference in the engine bay. The Injen doesn't even fit our cars! I am hoping to switch to the Skunk2 3.5" when it comes out. If it ends up being like the 8th Gen the battery location stays convenient vs a Rick Spec'd.
Exaclty. I did have the Rick Spec'd, but I didn't like the placement of the battery and how the coolant reservoir sat on top of it.

Exaclty. I did have the Rick Spec'd, but I didn't like the placement of the battery and how the coolant reservoir sat on top of it.

On a DD it's hard to justify those types of compromises. In my opinion at least :\

Like what do you do if your car is in a really inconvenient position and you need a jump.. Lol. Have super long jumper cables I suppose?

My battery was original and six years old. It kept dying almost once every week during winter when I had the Rick Spec'd installed. It wasn't fun trying to jump the car with a portable battery jumper with short cables. Lol.

so is the AEM the best performing intake on the stock im?

I've been running a AFe Takeda for about 8 months, with the stock manifold, RBC and Supercharged. I'll tell you right now that it can run over 20 degrees over ambient. I just ordered the AEM intake and I'll let you know what the logs show. It's very affordable and will open some space for my catch can, water pump and fill tank for my aftercooler setup. This should hold me over until Skunk2 releases something.

It consistently pulls 1-7 over ambient. A slight bit hotter when sitting but it cools right back down
I wanted to clarify as I looked over some of my datalogs it can range higher but goes as low as ambient temps.. It's a good intake.

webby I don't have the info but AEM makes an intake for the 1.8L models as well if you wanna add it
http://www.aemintakes.com/news/news.aspx?id=4318

Last edited:
It consistently pulls 1-7 over ambient. A slight bit hotter when sitting but it cools right back down
I wanted to clarify as I looked over some of my datalogs it can range higher but goes as low as ambient temps.. It's a good intake.

webby I don't have the info but AEM makes an intake for the 1.8L models as well if you wanna add it
http://www.aemintakes.com/news/news.aspx?id=4318

Looking forward to it. Anything cold would help this blower.

Last edited:
I've been running a AFe Takeda for about 8 months, with the stock manifold, RBC and Supercharged. I'll tell you right now that it can run over 20 degrees over ambient. I just ordered the AEM intake and I'll let you know what the logs show.

alright, thanks!

Back