DIY Horn Replacement

Modifier
Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
This is a DIY on how to replace both high and low tone horns.
I personally used these horns, and i recommend them to anyone looking to do this, as they are deeper in tone and loud.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DINKPQ/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FKKOK6/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not sure if these instructions will match with every kind of horn available, but most are universal, so i think it should :)
I did this on my Si sedan, and I think it's the same across all trims, except the LX(or EX?) only having the high tone.
Right then, onto the DIY.

Step 1
Remove your bumper.
I wont go into this because College Hills Honda has a great video to show how to install fog lights, but the first part of the video shows you how to take off the bumper.

Step 2
Locate your high tone (right above the radiator)

7n1UOVE.jpg

First, unplug the connection to the horn (#1)
Second, unbolt the bracket in #2
There isn't a lot of room for a much bigger horn (without some modification) I personally had to bend that bracket (#3) to get my new horn to fit.

Step 3
Follow the instructions again and undo the same bolt and plug for the low tone horn (pictured below)
This horn is found right in front of the driver side front tire.
There is a lot of room here if you want to replace the low tone with a larger horn.

6060077072_906f5bd574.jpg

Make sure both tones work before attaching your bumper again.
That's it! You're finished!

Installation Pictures!
High tone
uCtb4x5l.jpg

Low tone
QG2z0q5l.jpg

Now go and beep at random people with your new horn!

Last edited:
Ha ha Ya, now you have added power to go along with any road rage you may be feeling!
Ha ha ha......Beep beep. :mad:

EDIT: Forgot to say good job and thanks. Where are my manners?

Last edited:
if you get a chance, you should do a vid to show the sound of the new horns. Nice diy
Wow I just saw that I never did this.
I'll set a reminder to do it after work.
To any new members, really consider this because when that person cuts you off or does something stupid, it helps to have a deep loud horn instead of the funny squeak toy that comes in civics

To use these horns on amazon do you have to cut or modify the stock wiring? I need to replace the horns on my Civic and on my 2013 Accord as well as they are both about a weak as can possibly be.

Last edited:
Could you post a video so I can hear what it sounds like? I want to order, but would like to hear it first. Thanks!
:yeahthat:

I am going on a bumper removing adventure on weekend in the near future and this looks like a good thing to do while it's off!

I have the video, sorry it took so long, uploading it now

To use these horns on amazon do you have to cut or modify the stock wiring? I need to replace the horns on my Civic and on my 2013 Accord as well as they are both about a weak as can possibly be.

no cutting or splicing, they plug right in

Now I am trying to decide between these and stock horns from a Honda Pilot (sound very similar to how these sound on the video) Thanks for the video and the quick reply. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

After watching the video a view times, honestly it sounds a little deeper in person, but i think it still sounds a ton better than the stock horn

Thanks for the video! Will definitely be up for consideration while my bumper is off. (Had to use my horns today and forgot how laughable they are :bleh:)

I'm gonna take another video with me actually outside the car and not just with the window down and hopefully it'll have a deeper, more full sound like it is in person.

Glad you all liked it!

Back