DIY Horn Replacement

Edited the first post with installed pics since i had my bumper off today

Want to order these, but Amazon doesn't accept PayPal and the eBay sellers don't ship to Canada. :(

Want to order these, but Amazon doesn't accept PayPal and the eBay sellers don't ship to Canada. :(
I would recommend purchasing the accord upgrade horns from chh. I bought these believing they were straight plug and play, but you will need to cut your old connector off. I figured a way to rig it with a spade to work in the meantime. I have no intentions of cutting any oe connectors off

I would recommend purchasing the accord upgrade horns from chh. I bought these believing they were straight plug and play, but you will need to cut your old connector off. I figured a way to rig it with a spade to work in the meantime. I have no intentions of cutting any oe connectors off
Why do you recommend them if they are not plug and play? Less expensive? sound? Have a video of sound? Thanks.

Last edited:
The sound is awesome. But I would prefer not to cut any wires. I have some fear of rain getting to the splice because its just regular blade ends included. To me it seems like it would be better to get a direct plug and play that works exceptionally. But these horns are awesome! Just my 2 cents

He's saying he doesn't recommend the ones from Amazon because those are not plug and play. The Accord horns from CHH are plug and play (I think) and he recommends those instead
Exactly! Sorry for making stuff complicated. I over think stuff out lol

The sound is awesome. But I would prefer not to cut any wires. I have some fear of rain getting to the splice because its just regular blade ends included. To me it seems like it would be better to get a direct plug and play that works exceptionally. But these horns are awesome! Just my 2 cents
You could use heat shrink tubing and liquid tape, but I understand your concern @ staying oem.

I got the 8th gen accord dual horns.

This is a DIY on how to replace both high and low tone horns.
I personally used these horns, and i recommend them to anyone looking to do this, as they are deeper in tone and loud.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DINKPQ/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FKKOK6/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not sure if these instructions will match with every kind of horn available, but most are universal, so i think it should :)
I did this on my Si sedan, and I think it's the same across all trims, except the LX(or EX?) only having the high tone.
Right then, onto the DIY.

Step 1
Remove your bumper.
I wont go into this because College Hills Honda has a great video to show how to install fog lights, but the first part of the video shows you how to take off the bumper.

Step 2
Locate your high tone (right above the radiator)

7n1UOVE.jpg

First, unplug the connection to the horn (#1)
Second, unbolt the bracket in #2
There isn't a lot of room for a much bigger horn (without some modification) I personally had to bend that bracket (#3) to get my new horn to fit.

Step 3
Follow the instructions again and u
Now go and beep at random people with your new horn!

Whats the difference between the two links? I want to make sure i purchase the right ones for my car (si sedan)

Whats the difference between the two links? I want to make sure i purchase the right ones for my car (si sedan)
the first link is for the low tone, the second is for the high tone.
Looking through the DIY, you can see that our cars have two horns (as most do) high and low tones.
It sounds much better if you replace them both.

the first link is for the low tone, the second is for the high tone.
Looking through the DIY, you can see that our cars have two horns (as most do) high and low tones.
It sounds much better if you replace them both.
Awesome!! Thanks. Ya I noticed that there are two horns. Is it the same for the si sedan?

My bad just reread the last post and realized you already answered that. definitely ordering these. Cant take the wimpy horn anymore
well i hope it works for you! and yea, i actually have an si sedan, so it'll fit for sure.
these horns sound great. see the videos if you havent already

well i hope it works for you! and yea, i actually have an si sedan, so it'll fit for sure.
these horns sound great. see the videos if you havent already
Only thing im still a little uneasy about is taking off the bumper. But im sure it cant be that hard. any tips/advice?? Either way, its been ordered!! cant wait to get it and install

Back