DIY Horn Replacement

There should be two horns. A low tone and high tone. One is right in front of the radiator and the other is behind the driver side fog light. You have to take the bumper off in order to get to it.

Mine is only one. I took my bumper off yesterday to install fog lights and there was only one by radiator. The one that is usually low on the car behind the fog light area was not there. No wire or anything either.

Ok. It's just when I pulled up the horn assembly for a 2015 LX at College Hills, it showed two horns in the diagram. Thats the only reason why I decided to throw in my 2 cents.

If I remember correctly, it's the LX that only has 1, EX and above has 2. But they might have thrown a second one in there in the newer models, last time I checked was with the 2013s

....horns from a Honda Pilot

I spoke to the service techs at Sanford Honda in NC, (great guys) and they showed me that the Pilot horns pull more amps than the Civic does. You would have to step up your wires and fuses to accommodate it, but it can be done. I thought about doing the same thing, but went a completely different route. (video and story coming). Good luck with your upgrade.

Many years ago I purchased a Grover Air Products fire engine air horn to replace the rusted out factory horn on my 1954 American LaFrance fire engine. When I quit driving the fire engine around, I moved it to my Chevy Caprice, then to my Silverado pickup. NOW I have a 2014 Civic coupe that I was going to put it on, BUT the compressor pulls 18 amps max load, and I didn't want to spend the time routing a new circuit. (not to mention routing the air line from the trunk to the front grill area.) INSTEAD, I purchased a Big Bad Max #619 air horn/compressor combo at Pilot Truck Stops for $70. It will fit in place of the single horn my Civic has, and does not draw any additional amps. I will post a video in the next few days of the install. I tested the horn with some jumpers to the battery and DANG that sucka is LOUD!!
IMG_2138.JPG IMG_2139.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2140.JPG
    IMG_2140.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 18
Many years ago I purchased a Grover Air Products fire engine air horn to replace the rusted out factory horn on my 1954 American LaFrance fire engine. When I quit driving the fire engine around, I moved it to my Chevy Caprice, then to my Silverado pickup. NOW I have a 2014 Civic coupe that I was going to put it on, BUT the compressor pulls 18 amps max load, and I didn't want to spend the time routing a new circuit. (not to mention routing the air line from the trunk to the front grill area.) INSTEAD, I purchased a Big Bad Max #619 air horn/compressor combo at Pilot Truck Stops for $70. It will fit in place of the single horn my Civic has, and does not draw any additional amps. I will post a video in the next few days of the install. I tested the horn with some jumpers to the battery and DANG that sucka is LOUD!!
View attachment 52140 View attachment 52141

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjR5K_Fb6r4

You can blow someone's brains out with that horn.

Okay, I got the new horn installed. Fortunately, it did not require removing the entire front end, just the 8 plastic plugs along the top, and pull it out away from the crossbar above the radiator. I filmed the install, but cannot upload directly from my camera. I don't want to post to YouTube, so.... no video of the install. It is a loud little guy, too.

you can post it as "private" on youtube and still embed it here if you want. Or vimeo, facebook, or a billion other video sites. Countless sites will auto embed into here if you just post the link to where you hosted it.

Back