Buddy Club Quick Shift Kit

I got mine ordered, now its just be patient and wait for it to show up ......

Did you get yours yet? Thoughts?

Today I ordered the BC short shifter kit, a type A BC knob and Hybrid racing base bushings and Hybrid Racing cable bushings.

I can't wait to feel the snick!

Apparently it won't ship until mid next week - I ordered the shifter, Skunk2 knob, and Hybrid Racing base and cable bushings. Seems like a very popular combination! From the research I did it seems like Hybrid was the way to go for bushings. Going to also install dynamat (I know its a bit silly adding weight) so its a perfect opportunity to do the full meal deal on the shifter.

Apparently it won't ship until mid next week - I ordered the shifter, Skunk2 knob, and Hybrid Racing base and cable bushings. Seems like a very popular combination! From the research I did it seems like Hybrid was the way to go for bushings. Going to also install dynamat (I know its a bit silly adding weight) so its a perfect opportunity to do the full meal deal on the shifter.
Spherical bearing in the hybrid racing big cable bushing makes it a better product. I looked at mine a few weeks after installation and I could clearly see the spherical bearing was serving its purpose (it was pivoted when I looked), so it's nice to know that it's easier on the cables than the solid alum bushing. Spherical not necessary on the smaller bushing though so that one is solid. It only pivots on the center bore.

Are you dynamatting just the area around the shifter? The whole floor? I've been debating doing some dynamat work, don't want to go too nuts with added weight.

Are you dynamatting just the area around the shifter? The whole floor? I've been debating doing some dynamat work, don't want to go too nuts with added weight.

Planning on dynamatting the whole floor, but probably stop before the truck. Not going to do the doors either. A friend of mine picked up a bunch of it from a car audio place that was moving, so the short story is I ended up with several boxes for free!

Planning on dynamatting the whole floor, but probably stop before the truck. Not going to do the doors either. A friend of mine picked up a bunch of it from a car audio place that was moving, so the short story is I ended up with several boxes for free!

Nice!

Pics of the short shifter?

I have the shifter assembly and knob with me at work. I'll have to bring it inside later and take a few. Dunno that I've seen a BC shifter DIY, once the bushings arrive I am going to try to do one. Of course I also told myself that I was going to take Injen CAI install and Invidia Q300 install pics for a future build thread. (That never happened, although I do love the sound and feel of the Injen, Q300 combo.)

Reactions: 323
Man, Fedex showed up today with a package from Hybrid Racing. I thought it was my bushings so I could get this baby bolted in. It's not, it's my FlashPro which I can't install until after I verify wether or not my SI is an oil guzzler or not. Bushings are coming Tuesday and hopefully Wednesday I will be able to post some install pics.

Reactions: 323
Man, Fedex showed up today with a package from Hybrid Racing. I thought it was my bushings so I could get this baby bolted in. It's not, it's my FlashPro which I can't install until after I verify wether or not my SI is an oil guzzler or not. Bushings are coming Tuesday and hopefully Wednesday I will be able to post some install pics.
What do you mean if it's an oil guzzler?

What do you mean if it's an oil guzzler?
There is a small set Si's that burn oil, if his is one of those, he would have to take it to the dealer to replace the pistons and rings. They would give him a hard time about doing warranty work if he had a custom map from a flashpro installed

There is a small set Si's that burn oil, if his is one of those, he would have to take it to the dealer to replace the pistons and rings. They would give him a hard time about doing warranty work if he had a custom map from a flashpro installed
My 2012 SI has been diagnosed as an oil burner - about 1 quart of oil per 800 miles! The issue has been recognized by Honda and requires replacement of the pistons and rings. Its a real pain in the *** and a big disappointment in the quality of Honda. I am currently in the process of "negotiating" with Honda, as I am not very satisfied with the dealer (quality of service work has been horrible) or the absolute minimum repair they are suggesting (for example, they won't replace the bottom end bearings, won't consider upgraded parts if I pay the difference, etc). Longer term I want to go turbo and will likely build an engine for that. I have been building performance engines as a serious hobby for over 20 years - so you can imagine my issues in this situation!

Back