DIY R18 P2R TBS with gasket Installation tips!

Google "P2R PowerRevRacing TB Spacers, gaskets, etc" for DIY.

@RobSBP I havent driven since friday due to the snow, so i havent had a chance yet. The way its looking, probably wednesday at the earliest :(

What did you use to cut the gasket? Just a normal knife? It seems too hard for that, but i dont have a dremmel tool or anything

The easiest way to do this is to angle the blade at 45 and 135 degree to make 1-2mm deep channel.

Should be doing the install this afternoon. Im gonna cut the gasket now, @RobSBP ill post a picture so you can see if it looks good

nyjamuda.jpg

uneremus.jpg

Make the channel just a bit longer then you are all set. Maybe another 2mm just to be safe.

When you install it, toque all bolts as tight as when you remove it.

So im sitting here with my engine open and i noticed there's no stock gasket for the other side? Was i supposed to order two or something?

Stock only come with one orange o-ring on top of intake manifold. Use the mod plastic gasket on top of the spacer.

Yay! Mine is ordered and in the process of being delivered. :) @FB2Chris

Got pics of install?

I dont know if its in my head or not, but i feel like theres a slight change in throttle response down low, but you wont regret buying it! :D

I didnt get any pics, but once you know your pretty much just making a sandwich its easy.. didnt have to disconnect a single hose!

I will be doing this on the weekend. Did you take off the cowel to get in there to do this or was there enough room? Also, which side does the white gasket go on? The side closest to driver side or passenger side? Thanks.

Back