Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Landline

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • No Phone

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Windows Phone

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
I always thought the Star Trek flip phones were cool or those phones out of the Matrix films. That's so old school now. I don't know what to get. When there's too many options I'm like a deer in headlights and don't know what to do. I certainly don't want to waste my life visiting each company's booth and listen to their pitches.

I always thought the Star Trek flip phones were cool or those phones out of the Matrix films. That's so old school now. I don't know what to get. When there's too many options I'm like a deer in headlights and don't know what to do. I certainly don't want to waste my life visiting each company's booth and listen to their pitches.

If you don't go with an iPhone, I suggest a Nexus phone.

I have given up waiting on the carriers for updates. I have always rooted/ROM'd my phones (G1, Vibrant, GNex). I usually wait about six months or until I cannot stand the performance. In this case, I was cleaning up some apps and the Samsung bloatware has started to annoy me.

Agreed! I can't believe how much bloatware is on the phone. How does the phone operate once rooted? I rooted my droid incredible 2 and even the most stable ROMS restarted at the most inopportune times or froze to the point a battery pull was required.

Agreed! I can't believe how much bloatware is on the phone. How does the phone operate once rooted? I rooted my droid incredible 2 and even the most stable ROMS restarted at the most inopportune times or froze to the point a battery pull was required.

I have only ever used CyanogenMod and never had issues unless I was using nightlies. Made every phone run so much better.

Go with T-Mobile.
Unlimited data, much cheaper plans than Verizon or any other carrier, and despite their reputation, great service.
Plus, the option to upgrade every 6-8 months, all without a contract

I'm not really sure how t-mobile serivce is around my area, I don't know anyone with it. Looking at their coverage maps I would have satisfactory/good at my house and where I work is good/strong, so Not really sure.

What would you think of going with an iPhone if all I have ever used are andriods? I don't really customize or root or anything on my phones but I also don't care for apple products that much.

I'd go use the phone in a store as much as possible to see what you think of it. Have you used one before?

My wife has the 4S and I have played around with it some. I didn't really like it that much but I think it was just the fact that I wasn't used to it and didn't know where anything was on it.

Well the 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c would all be running the same software (as long as she's installed the latest iOS). The screen size changed with the 5+, but the phone would essentially function the same. Larger screen, more memory/faster processor, etc. If you're not a fan of her software, you might as well stick to android. Getting the latest iphone will be very similar to what she has.

I have only ever used CyanogenMod and never had issues unless I was using nightlies. Made every phone run so much better.

CyanogenMod FTW.

I'm currently running that on my GNex but previously had AOKP on here.

I run CyanogenMod on my HP Touchpad (tablet). I use to run it on my Droid OG

CyanogenMod FTW.

I'm currently running that on my GNex but previously had AOKP on here.

I run CyanogenMod on my HP Touchpad (tablet). I use to run it on my Droid OG

How did you like AOKP? Especially in comparison to CM.

I know you weren't asking me but I like AOKP better than CM, seems to have the same fast, plain base, but with more customization features.

I like CM better than AOKP. The creator of AOKP joined the CM team (Roman).

I felt AOKP was lacking updates, not as fast but did have a lot of customizations.

I don't care about all the customizations that I wouldn't really use.

For my GNex (remember 2+ year old phone) CM worked better. Every phone and user is different. ;)

Does anybody have a idea of a cheap plan with data from any service provider?
My family changed to the family share plan, and I'm getting screwed now. My phone broke and I was just gonna go in and get a phone with the 2-yr discount, but after they switched plans, now I can't buy a new one without making my portion of the bill almost triple. Would it be cheaper to get my own plan? Or just stick with the more expensive bill?

Depends on what you call expensive. I split out of my folks family plan on Verizon. Was going to be $90/month but called their 611 number and dickered with them and pay $60/month. For the big carriers that's about as cheap as you go for 2+GB of data. You can't see that plan online or in the store only on the phone. T-Mobile is about $60/month per line for 2.5 GB data but you pay retail for a phone.

Boost Mobile and some of the other prepaid companies, you can get cheaper but that's a different route.

My GNex has burn-in and showing it's age.

S4, S5, HTC One M8 or MotoX

Which one?

Back