DIY DIY - Honda 5 Pin Magic Switch!

I tried to look for the answer but i didn't see a post. Where did you buy the switch? or did it come with teh assmbly thing you bought from honda

best bet, get the part number off their site, go into your local honda dealer and order the part :)

It's usually a little more money, but it works :)

So its basically just a SPST relay w/ built-in SPST switch? ... "Magic switch" my arse! lol

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp

Thought there was something in here I wasn't aware of... Though this does give me an idea on wiring an electric water pump while keeping the dash switches OEM style.

... Moving along.
no, not relay at all.

Honda likes to :unicorn: with their :unicorn: to make you confused as :unicorn:! Its a standard switch, with different sources to illumination and power + control. Nothing magic about it aside from the fact that nobody wanted/could figure it out on 9thgc at the time i was mod.

We often referred to it as 5 pin magic switch, so that's what i called the thread to tie in the association.

take the switch apart, just normal contacts nothing fancy at all.

no, not relay at all.

Honda likes to fuckk with their shitt to make you confused as f*ck! Its a standard switch, with different sources to illumination and power + control. Nothing magic about it aside from the fact that nobody wanted/could figure it out on 9thgc at the time i was mod.

We often referred to it as 5 pin magic switch, so that's what i called the thread to tie in the association.

take the switch apart, just normal contacts nothing fancy at all.

I'm sure they wire a vehicle in order to confuse the user. :screwy:

So, no coil windings on the 12V side?

I'm sure they wire a vehicle in order to confuse the user. :screwy:

So, no coil windings on the 12V side?
Lol you're acting like im a :unicorn: idiot....

yes they do... its an electrical OEM thing. It's done on purpose in order to change things up for an electrician. OEM's always want certified (OEM employed) technicians to work on their :unicorn:!

There is a reason OEM's make their hardware proprietary....

To each his own, but I don't buy it.

But I still haven't heard an answer on whether or not there is coil windings in this "magic switch" - presense of said windings would effectively make this switch a typical relay.

Thank. You.

I'll pick one up eventually to inspect myself. Not to say I don't believe you or anything, but I don't. :)

(I smell 8thcivic)

Reactions: Nix
Not to say I don't believe you or anything, but I don't. :)
I don't really understand why you would ask a question if you are not going to believe the answer you get unless it is the answer you want. ? I have taken that switch completely apart to its individually pieces. There are no coil windings. AP and @323 have done the same. You can buy one if you like and see for yourself or you might consider that the answer you got is correct.

Thank. You.

I'll pick one up eventually to inspect myself. Not to say I don't believe you or anything, but I don't. :)

(I smell 8thcivic)
don't know why it :unicorn: matters, do whatever the :unicorn: you want, add a coil, install your own switch, inspect it, i dont care. I gave you your answer. It's an OEM fit, this is why we use it.

Don't know what else to tell you. :unicorn:

Reactions: Nix
Back