NitrousG35 has gone in a new direction...

I've always tried to refer to people by their real names. Never really bought into the avatar moniker.
So Jay, I have always wondered what "mucter" means. Most of the people on 8th Gen called you that, not Jay.

So Jay, I have always wondered what "mucter" means. Most of the people on 8th Gen called you that, not Jay.

It's a random word some crazy friends of mine made up in my teenage years. It doesn't mean anything, I always thought it was a peculiar sounding word so I decided to use it as my online sign in for certain things, easy to remember. I prefer people to just call me Jay though, that's kinda why I call everyone by their name if I know it. Do unto others....

It's sad to see your Si go, Bill, especially after the substantial mods you've invested in it in the last year. I know you'll have a blast with your and your son's new EVo's, though. Congrats :)

Dawn is Dawn
Curtis is Curtis
Dent is Dent

:rotfl:

Calling some by their first name on a forum can sometimes be like visiting your elementary school teacher years later. Then she's trying to tell you to call her by her first name. LOL

Everyone is pretty much their name by me except Webby and Geezer. For some reason, I've always gone by their screennames only.

It's a random word some crazy friends of mine made up in my teenage years. It doesn't mean anything, I always thought it was a peculiar sounding word so I decided to use it as my online sign in for certain things, easy to remember. I prefer people to just call me Jay though, that's kinda why I call everyone by their name if I know it. Do unto others....
I remember the first 8th Gen meet that I went to in June of 2007, the day after I had just bought my Si. There was quite a turnout that day. I had never been to a car specific meet before. I introduced myself as "NitrousG35". Pretty much everyone else responded by "Hi, my name is Dave or my name is Scott etc." After that, I was strictly on a first name basis. I kind of felt like an idiot using my screenname.

I will say that those people who picked unique screennames stood our more than FA5FBP or '07Siman or whatever. LOL

It's sad to see your Si go, Bill, especially after the substantial mods you've invested in it in the last year. I know you'll have a blast with your and your son's new EVo's, though. Congrats :)
Thanks bro. Not sure who you are though. Were you on 8th Gen before it went to hell?

probably 98% of people are their usernames to me. I can't help it. Hey dent, nomar, cook (cookstar), 2fast, nitrous, jro... it just keeps going. For some reason, dawn is dawn. :scratches:

i met Mike @ the Dragon in Tapoco Lodge 2008
i thought his real name is Dent!!!
i was like...wtf??? what kind of name is that???
then i realized his real name is Mike on 2009 @ the Dragon!!!
:giggle:

also - car and driver magazine just did an article for the best handling car for under 40k, and the evo came in 1st place. If you haven't seen the article, you may enjoy the read. :thumbsup:

It is funny how some monikers really suit the person. Raquel will always be 2Fast4u2 to me. And, I really had problems calling Webby "Kevin" after I became a moderator. I always loved the avatar that Kevin had with the guy whose eyes were bugging out back in 2007. I can't remember Kevin's signature, but it said something like "In Room ____" or something like that.

milton?

milton1.jpg

storage room b - ^^ where his desk was located

also - car and driver magazine just did an article for the best handling car for under 40k, and the evo came in 1st place. If you haven't seen the article, you may enjoy the read. :thumbsup:

I read that Kevin. There were a couple of huge threads on Evolutionm.net and EvoXForums about it. I have to be honest though, the Evo was beaten by both the Mustang and 370 on the road course and the Evo had the same straightaway speed as the Mini Cooper, which was kind of disappointing. The main thing about the Evo is how easy it is to make power. With all the money that I poured into my Si, I would be making 450-500 hp on the Evo if I were to spend that on the Evo. Even though I love the Evo, I still really love Hondas, especially the model of Si that I had.

And I have to say, I don't think owning my Si would have been that much fun if there had never been an 8th Gen Civic. That site got me up to speed on the engine and car and the immense fun I had made it all the more fun to own an Si. I hope that with the great people here and the legacy of the 8th generation Civic, the 9th Gen will continue to bring joy and pleasure to its owners.

milton?

milton1.jpg

storage room b - ^^ where his desk was located

Kevin, that is it. I absolutely loved that avatar and signature. You were not only legendary, but almost bigger than life. I was in totaly awe of almost everybody on the site, especially the staff.

yeah...webby is webby and always will be webby. :rotfl:
Isn't that true Christina? And, I am sure you have noticed how many people on 8th Gen on that thread about the site falling, have commented that the site went downhill when "Webby" left. Truly, with Kevin and Raquel leaving, a little part of me died. I just could never get into the site like I had before.

Back