DIY 2012 Civic Si Independent Fogs (picture heavy)

I did this on 2012 lx sedan oem fogs and switch.
photo 1.JPG<- No lights
photo 2.JPG<-Fogs Only
photo 3.JPG<-Fogs and markers
photo 4.JPG<-Fogs, Lows beams, Markers
photo 5.JPG <-Fogs, Lows beams, High beams, Markers

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    995.6 KB · Views: 56
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    858 KB · Views: 56
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    774.6 KB · Views: 52
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    828.9 KB · Views: 57
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    924.5 KB · Views: 57
I did this on 2012 lx sedan oem fogs and switch.
View attachment 26636<- No lights
View attachment 26637<-Fogs Only
View attachment 26638<-Fogs and markers
View attachment 26639<-Fogs, Lows beams, Markers
View attachment 26640 <-Fogs, Lows beams, High beams, Markers
how about no markers? :D
fogs alone
1009844_10201129513313043_1281234907_n.jpg

fogs and lows, no markers
741202_10200890754624225_525932046_o.jpg

This is exactly what I wanna do with my car, I hate having to drive around with my lows on just to turn on the fogs. Im also wondering if it can be done by using the factory switches? A detailed DIY would be appreciated

^ Agreed. I'm not into hacking my factory ignition wire and having another non oem switch (Have one already for my amp). I don't mind having to run my markers to run my fogs if it means I can use the stalk to use them as opposed to a separate switch altogether.

We t tap the main ignition wire with the wire we used with the male spade connecter?
What do we wire the switch with?
Where does the relay go?

^ Agreed. I'm not into hacking my factory ignition wire and having another non oem switch (Have one already for my amp). I don't mind having to run my markers to run my fogs if it means I can use the stalk to use them as opposed to a separate switch altogether.
you can also always buy factory switches. i have 3 of them...

Just a 4 pin 12v automotive accessory relay? Sorry I have no knowledge on relays, thanks for the help.
sorry for the long response time. Yes 4 pins. 12v of course because all automotive electrical is 12v dc. One for in, one out, one common, and a single ground :)

You can get them at any automotive shop :) A lot of them have 30A inline fuse and 40A capable relay :)

Any more questions, you can request an electrical diagram here:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/electrical-work-inside-outside-your-car.6919/

One quick question on this where is the 15amp fuse going ? I am just really lost today....

Ya still lost with that spent about 4 hours cooking in the sun trying to figure this out.

I have the general idea but he was not very informative with the DYI
i guess it requires you just have a basic understanding of electrical.. i don't want to have to rephrase everything...

but he uses the fuse on switching to avoid using another relay. Inline fuse to ensure the switch doesn't get over amperage.

d8.jpg

You may be able to but i don't remember If it all worked internally. You cut the wire from the stalk and use that to trigger the relay. You would have to wire the relay differently. I can make a diagram for that if you would like. Still would have to run the wire out to the fuse box. But after all that, it may still only work with the headlights
Why is my right fog light just flickering on and then off.

Back