bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
Bf3-pc-cover.jpg

This is a thread for those who are either playing the BF3 Beta (currently out now) or are going to be getting Battlefield 3 when it comes (October 25th)

I'm downloaded the Beta for the PC a few days ago but ran into some issues but curious to see if anyone else is playing it.

Here is a Wiki link to info about the game -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_3

I haven't been on PSN in a while but I saw that the beta had been released. I am excited about this game after watching many vids. I'm a huge Call of Duty fan so I'm looking forward to MW3 as well.

Bumping this up! :dance: :excited:

I have played for about 10.5hrs (which isn't much compared to some people I play with have 40hrs played :omg: )

How do you like it so far? If you played the cod series..is it comparable to any of them?

How do you like it so far? If you played the cod series..is it comparable to any of them?

I like it a lot. Of course there are things that I'm not a fan of (having to use Battlelog to join games.. the chat box is huge... things like that)

I'm already Level 13 (which isn't much compared to some people that have maxed out Level 45 already) WTF

I have never played the COD series (just Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 1942, Bad Company 2 and now BF3)

It's a fanatically beautiful game that taxes the crap out of my video card. My only gripe is that there is no Commander function like there was in BF2.

It's a fanatically beautiful game that taxes the crap out of my video card. My only gripe is that there is no Commander function like there was in BF2.

You has it for PC?! What video card you running??

I upgraded my video card and power supply so I could run BF3.

Previous hardware:

- 512MB 9800GTX+
- 500w Antec Earthwatts PSU

Replacement (new) hardware:

- 2GB MSi Radeon HD 6950 Twin Frozr III OC/PE
- 750w OCZ PSU

:dance:

Battlelog/Origin name -> thereal96accord

That's quite the leap there lol. Obviously you had a motherboard capable of supporting that

That's quite the leap there lol. Obviously you had a motherboard capable of supporting that

Yeah my motherboard had no issues supporting the 9800GTX+ but my specs are:

AMD Phenom II X4 Quad-Core Processor
Biostar Motherboard
Corsair Dominator Series 4GB DDR2 RAM (probably getting another 4GB soon)
250GB Western Digital SATA HD (holding me back but I don't need anything more)

You has it for PC?! What video card you running??
I upgraded to a 1200W PSU and the Radeon HD 6990. Even with that top-of-the-line card, the game still maxes it out. That said, I get 120fps at Ultra settings so I have zero complaints.

I upgraded to a 1200W PSU and the Radeon HD 6990. Even with that top-of-the-line card, the game still maxes it out. That said, I get 120fps at Ultra settings so I have zero complaints.

1200w PSU is overkill... Why spend the extra money on it?? :confused: but it's your money not mine :giggle:

I could have afforded the HD 6990 but rather save my money since I don't need it so I got the HD 6950. I was going to try to flash it to a HD 6970 since you can do that with them but too lazy to try :giggle:

1200w PSU is overkill... Why spend the extra money on it?? :confused: but it's your money not mine :giggle:

I could have afforded the HD 6990 but rather save my money since I don't need it so I got the HD 6950. I was going to try to flash it to a HD 6970 since you can do that with them but too lazy to try :giggle:
I did my homework; I needed at least a 954W PSU to power the new card and everything else already installed. Considering how I love to upgrade components, it seemed to make sense to me to just max out the PSU so I wouldn't have to worry about doing so for the remaining life of the desktop.

I have no regrets. The game looks and performs exactly as I wanted on the 6990.

What other components do you have? Damn 954W! :eek:

I think I'm right around 500w (maybe a bit less) with my setup.

i7 Extreme 965 Quad Core 3.2 GHz
12GB DDR3 RAM (6 sticks)
Two 7200rpm HDDs
Radeon 6990 4GB (the bulk of the PSU draw)
blu-ray optical drive
numerous geeky USB attachments (mic, webcam, etc).

It's good to have a 100W buffer for power spikes, which put me over the 1000W PSU...so I just bought the 1200W and called it a night. The 6990 is a power hog.

http://educations.newegg.com/tool/psucalc/index.html

4gig card, man. What are the minimums to run this game???

4gig card, man. What are the minimums to run this game???
Minimum System Requirements
Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ or Althon X2 2.7 GHz)
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics Card (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 series, with ATI RADEON 3870 or higher performance)
Graphics Card (NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 series with NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT or higher performance)
Sound card : DirectX compatible
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD ROM Drive

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Quad-Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics Card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 or ATI RADEON 6950)
Sound Card: DirectX compatible
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD ROM Drive

No wonder you need a 1200W PSU. Ridiculous specs! :D awesome tho

I have a 2GB HD 6950 card and it runs BF3 on Ultra perfectly fine with NO issues! Don't know my FPS but it runs it fine to me. :)

People thought with the Beta that they would need higher-end parts but I know people running the game with older cards and it runs fine (of course not on Ultra) but some are running on medium-high.

It really boils down to what you are willing to put up with. I cannot stand running a game on anything other than max settings with 100+ fps. Call me elitist, but it's just what I prefer.

Before the 6990 I had the 5970, which was last year's top-of-the-line ATI video card. In BF3 at High settings, the 5970 performed ok but the frame rate dropped too low for my tastes when zooming through scope. It was enough to piss me off, so I went out and bought the 6990 at the low price of an arm, a leg, and $730. Now with it on Ultra at 120fps, i never see a hint of hesitation. For me, it was totally worth the fact that I will be eating only rice for the next month. I have my priorities.

Back