APR Stage 2 ECU Tune
APR Carbon Fiber Intake System
APR Cast Downpipe
APR Catback Exhaust System

South Bend Stage 3 Daily Clutch

Airlift Performance 3P Suspension

Rotiform DDT TMB's 18x8.5 +45

OEM Cherry Red Euro Taillights

Didn't own the FB6 for too long before coming across a great deal on a MK7.
Picked up a 2016 VW GTI S w/Lighting.

Signed then drove straight to another dealership that supported APR Tunes and Products. Flashed to an APR High Output map and purchased their Carbonio Intake. Installed it that night.

This thing is a blast. Superior to every car I've owned, in almost every aspect.
It's been alimos two weeks now and I continue finding new things to play with.

Stage 1 is surprisingly fast for a little Volkswagen. These cars are underrated at 210hp and APR claims 291whp/367wtq with their Stage 1 High Output map on 93oct. It's already as fast, if not faster, as my previous Evo X. The only downside is the clutch slipping due to the ridiculous amount of torque. Only options right now are switching to a Low Output map (262whp/315wtq) or replacing the clutch. I'm leaning towards the latter since I plan on going Stage 2 next year.

Nothing special, but here's a couple pictures.
4431078e15515fa248cf52ed7574516b.jpg

bddd182fe6d375cc37c4f493251794eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's crazy torque for stage 1. Congrats on the new vehicle

How much did the tune and intake set you back? If you don't mind sharing......

How much did the tune and intake set you back? If you don't mind sharing......
Tune was $699 plus $100 Install. Intake was $449. Pricey, but Stage 2 is free with purchase of their Downpipe.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Recently installed one of these 3D Printed Phone Docks by D-Docks. Things are impossible to come by so I'm pretty happy I was able to grab one. Only problem is I switched back to an iPhone yesterday and need to replace the cable now.
12eccb17df99b7685c2eb04f3280cc35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Still weighing options on clutches right now. It sure doesn't help that an unmolested '96 TSI AWD popped up a few hours from here. Really fought myself yesterday.

Reactions: Nix
Unicorn sighted in Crown Point, IN. '95 Eclipse GSX w/87k. Two Owner. Leather. No Sunroof. Automatic. STOCK! ..I need to stop spending money.

Here I'll help you....

It got an AT, don't do it! Too much work, pain to swap, there's no more good transmission to buy, it suffered crank walk, etc... save your money. Sound about right?

Old school DSM'ers have been switching to autos for the past few years. Guess people are getting these things to go 10's on stock transmissions. Jeez.

The engine was recently rebuilt by the current owner. ..who happens to own a DSM Shop himself. Haha.

Well, crap. Then I guess it's good to go isn't it? hahaha.

You should buy a Starion instead.

Unicorn sighted in Crown Point, IN. '95 Eclipse GSX w/87k. Two Owner. Leather. No Sunroof. Automatic. STOCK! ..I need to stop spending money.

Did you buy it?

The guy who helped me build the engine for my project car has a 95 eclipse that he is working on the 4wd conversion and a bigger turbo. Before his transmission literally exploded he was making about 350whp and it was a blast to ride in.

Back