Security Cameras (Home Setups)

Ordered a Nest Outdoor Cam to replace the Arlo Pro outside my front door. Not entirely pleased about having to run a power cord to an outlet BUT it should be worth the hassle seeing as how the unit is constantly recording and there SHOULD be no delay compared to a wireless system. If all goes well I might replace the rest of my Arlo System. The Wyze Cam in my garage is still going strong and I put another one in my living room looking over the interior. Usually turn it off when someone’s home though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not entirely pleased about having to run a power cord to an outlet
So how are you doing the wiring? You’re drilling through your outside wall with a hole big enough to run a power line to an inside outlet?

Oh and since you have the wyze indoor cams, how long does it take for you to get notifications on movement?

So how are you doing the wiring? You’re drilling through your outside wall with a hole big enough to run a power line to an inside outlet?

Oh and since you have the wyze indoor cams, how long does it take for you to get notifications on movement?

Yeah, I’m going to drill through part of the door moulding and run the cord to an outlet near my window. Probably behind a planter box or something. It’s like 3/16” or something.

The Wyze Cam notifications are instant. I hate how the Arlo will notify me and then I have to wait a couple minutes to view the activity. That lag renders the speech function useless.

Not the prettiest but it’s already ten times better than the Arlo’s. In my opinion at least.
eb0597997f0f35f24e23c266d1d49f4a.jpg

The Wyze Cam notifications are instant. I hate how the Arlo will notify me and then I have to wait a couple minutes to view the activity. That lag renders the speech function useless.

The reason Webby was asking is because the notifications for the Wyze Outdoor cam are SUPER slow per tons of users. Some reporting 45 seconds to a minute before they get a popup alert on their phone!

Not the prettiest but it’s already ten times better than the Arlo’s. In my opinion at least.
eb0597997f0f35f24e23c266d1d49f4a.jpg

:eek: Yeah that wouldn't work for me.. No offense.

The reason Webby was asking is because the notifications for the Wyze Outdoor cam are SUPER slow per tons of users. Some reporting 45 seconds to a minute before they get a popup alert on their phone!

:eek: Yeah that wouldn't work for me.. No offense.

I walked out my front door this morning and received an alert before I hit the sidewalk. Opening the app and reviewing the footage took less than ten seconds. It seems like the Arlo notified me quicker but the footage wasn’t available for at least a minute.

No offense taken. I would’ve rather gone over the top for a cleaner look but the moulding was flush with the glass. Only other option was drilling through concrete and I wasn’t about to try it without knowing what was inside the wall. The Arlo was a lot cleaner but this Nest outperforms it.

Even after you type in $0 it still tries to guilt you into paying for it. It was comical. I'm like hell no, you told me it was free, so it's gonna be free dammit.

Ring Doorbell is lasting about 2.5 to 3 months for battery life. Not bad.
I bought a second battery to have ready so that works out well. I got it on-sale for $20.

Ring Doorbell is lasting about 2.5 to 3 months for battery life. Not bad.
I bought a second battery to have ready so that works out well. I got it on-sale for $20.
did you end up getting one of the outdoor wyze preorder cams, or did you just scrap that for the ring?

did you end up getting one of the outdoor wyze preorder cams, or did you just scrap that for the ring?

I did not get the outdoor Wyze pre-orders. I'd like to have a few more cameras (one out back and one out front) but I haven't put much more effort into it.

Still rocking my Nest Outdoor in the front, Arlo Pros on the sides and in the back and Wyze Cam In the garage. Will upgrade to the V3 soon enough.

Crazy that people still try that knowing that people have cameras everywhere now.

Crazy that people still try that knowing that people have cameras everywhere now.

I always say having a camera is only good for watching people steel your stuff. Only time its good is during the day. At night its pretty useless as you can see.

Out of the 7 houses on my street 6 have cameras that I know of. Old guy next to me has an alarm system that sounds like a car alarm on steroids. Completely unnecessary.

I always say having a camera is only good for watching people steel your stuff. Only time its good is during the day. At night its pretty useless as you can see.

Out of the 7 houses on my street 6 have cameras that I know of. Old guy next to me has an alarm system that sounds like a car alarm on steroids. Completely unnecessary.
You should look into an infrared light that is not right near your camera. Bugs/spiders are attracted, so if it’s at least a little ways from your cameras, you won’t have to worry about cleaning webs from your cameras. There are all different types and all different ratings for distance/brightness. It’s invisible light, so it’s not like a visible spotlight, but your camera will pick up the light. I’ve seen some where it basically looked like daytime on the camera feed, yet it can be pitch black where it’s recording.

Back