Not my first civic...

Got some maintenance goodies. I think I’m gonna change the engine and tranny oil when I hit the break in period for the clutch. Bought like 6 oil filters and a ton of oil and tranny crush washers. B04AC91C-34F1-4392-A366-5F7A5F45EB76.jpeg

I know people are gonna hate on me for amsoil but I had credit for some oil that exploded in the mail. Gonna run it for a couple thousand and if I don’t like I’ll change it.

Oh man, don’t do it on your new trans!!! Squiggy and Bruce both ran it for like 4k miles in theirs and had horrible lab results. :police::police::police:

I wont argue with you guys. or make @webby mad. I have 4 quarts of honda mtf coming sometime today. Some for a future change. Guess I'll keep the amsoil for something else...

I mean it’s your car so you can do as you please. It just doesn’t look good when lab results came back as bad as they did in 4k miles with multiple users. I would personally avoid it.

most the negative reviews that I've seen applying this stuff to our tranny's comes from this site. I've seen other sites with tests showing high aluminum counts and such on the first change. The next two everything was normal. Honestly I am kind of still really concerned with the tranny. Not that anything's wrong I just don't want to **** it up again. Instead of worrying about I rather use something I won't have to think twice about.

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes here.

I agree. I was just noting that if he was still on the fence, they note the product to not be used in LSD transmissions.

I'm most likely gonna save it for my b series trans. I recently got the rest of the parts i needed and am taking the head to the machine shop this week for some work. i've always ran synchromesh in it and it doesn't have a lsd so seems like a perfect fit.

"It works but it doesn't " lol. that kind of worries me.

Back