Security Cameras (Home Setups)

what about the video equipment? i expect some production value in this youtube channel

The Blink Doorbell Camera has arrived. Wyze Doorbell camera will be here tomorrow. I did get a Wyze outdoor camera too. :shady:

PXL_20220628_202309276.jpg

The Blink (bottom in pic) actually said to mount it 40-48" (I have it mounted about 42").

The Wyze (top in the pic) said to mount it lower than 6' 6" (I have it mounted about 48").

PXL_20220630_113243682.jpg

Wyze has its own chime.
Blink uses Alexa devices for the doorbell chime (I'm using my Amazon Echo).

Wyze comes with 3M double-sided tape (pretty damn sticky) while I used some Gorilla double-sided tape I had at the house for the Blink. I might need to get some 3M for it. Not sure how old the Gorilla tape is.

As for the apps... Setup was easy for both. Blink took a bit more since I had to setup the Sync Module 2.

Blink Sync Module 2 - this is like the bridge/hub for all Blink devices. I connected a 64GB USB drive that I had at the house so it can do daily backups to that. Since I'm grandfathered in (I used to have Blink Security cameras) I get extra stuff (I'll have to get all the details) compared to someone that is brand new to Blink.

Wyze includes their Cam Subscription for 14-days which includes AI detection and other features. Not sure I'll keep that. But I have to research that more.

I literally set them up last night and mounted them this morning before work.

waiting for the video of the mail man coming up, seeing multiple and constantly changing doorbells and just shaking his head

Screenshot_20220630-074135.png
When I went outside earlier I received notifications literally the same time from both cameras.

waiting for the video of the mail man coming up, seeing multiple and constantly changing doorbells and just shaking his head
He doesn't even look. I don't believe the mailman has ever pressed the doorbell button OR knocked on my door (before I had doorbell cameras).

9:45am Update - Blink is alerting for cars going by... (I'd say 30' away?)

Changed the sensitivity from 5 to 4
Setup motion zones (blocked out the road)

what is going on in here?? why do you have 2 door bells ????

You're white???

seriously though, is there any kind of door bell you can use with a hdd so you dont need a subscription?

what is going on in here?? why do you have 2 door bells ????

You're white???

seriously though, is there any kind of door bell you can use with a hdd so you dont need a subscription?
Whoa! What ethnicity did you think I was? :rolleyes:

I'm testing the 2 doorbells.

Eufy didn't require a subscription. It saves to a micro SD card.

Blink saves to a USB flash drive and doesn't need a subscription but if you want extra functions/features you can get the subscription.

The Blink Doorbell is $34 off... dang it. I should have waited.
Might return the current one and order another lol

Blink Video Doorbell w/ Sync Module 2 - $50.98 (On-Sale)
Wyze Video Doorbell Pro w/ Chime - $99.98

Last edited:
Tried to talk to Customer Service but they said just return it and buy it again for the lower price.. Ugh.
I didn't want to have to set it up again :-/

Why do you want the door bell camera so bad? What about a camera system instead. Is it the wireless featurer? Ease of use? Did I just answer my own questions?

Why do you want the door bell camera so bad? What about a camera system instead. Is it the wireless featurer? Ease of use? Did I just answer my own questions?

Yeah ease of use. Don't feel like running cabling and/or power.
I like the wireless/battery features :)

Update:

Blink Doorbell has been returned. Just wasn't impressed with it. Wyze definitely has a better notification system (AI).

Wyze comes with 3M double-sided tape (pretty damn sticky)

Wyze Doorbell is/was still in use. I need to find a better mounting solution as the 3M Double Sided Tape (that was provided by Wyze) didn't hold up on my siding.. I'm going to try to mount it on the door frame and see if that holds up.

I had a buddy 3D Print a mount for the siding but with my siding he's having issues getting the right design/measurements.

Just installed a Google Nest Doorbell (Battery) and Google Nest Cam with Floodlight at a friend’s house. Expensive but effective.

$6/month per device for subscription... :rolleyes:
Yeah, but they’re smart enough to tell the difference between animals, humans and vehicles. We’ve got annoying neighborhood cats and I’m luckily able to toggle a setting and filter them out so I don’t get an alert every fifteen minutes through the night.

Back