Hondata Releases 2012 Honda Civic Si ECU Reflash!!

I was also thinking the same about the new CR-Vs. The ILX, Si and CR-V have the same K24Z7 engine.

From my thread that didn't get any replies. Lol.
I was wondering. Would it be possible to flash a 2012 CR-V Ecu with a Hondata Reflash or a future Flash Pro? The only difference I noticed between the two engines are the compression ratio. The CR-V has a lower compression ratio allowing it to have more torque, less hp/redline, than the 2012 Si's.

The problem is that, despite the engines being the same, there are still R&D costs associated with having a guy working on those cars when they could do something else. In terms of the CRV, it probably makes no sense to waste time seeing as the market is thin. The ILX is a different story as the platform will likely have individuals more inclined to tune it, much like the current gen TSX.

Maybe they are working so hard on the flashpro for the si .lets hope

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

good points bruce! the difference with the accord 2.4 is most likely the compression and redline, this engine pumps 201 hp, wasn't the accord like 175?

Thanks Mon.... i was wondering about the compression ratio. My accord ex puts out 190, only 11HP less than the identical 2.4 SI at 201. But get this, the chief mechanic at Honda Roseville tells me, and I quote: "This SI engine is tuned to give you only 60% of what's in there". So it's no surprise how others can get 300+HP, or more.

An amazing engine... if you unlock the keys.

There are two accord engines in its current form 177hp and 190hp, not sure if they still offer the 177hp version, but it was available when the car first came out.

I believe the 177hp is for the Accord sedans. 190hp is for the coupes.

I am going to pull the ECU out this morning and send it to Hondata. Is the adress on the Hondata site the same one you send it to? 2840 columbia street Torrance California? Thanks, Bill

I am going to pull the ECU out this morning and send it to Hondata. Is the adress on the Hondata site the same one you send it to? 2840 columbia street Torrance California? Thanks, Bill
the address on their site is correct - did you purchase the reflash from one of their vendors? You need to do that and fill out the paperwork for your ecu. You may have already done that, - just didn't want you to send it off and have your ecu sit at hondata.

Sent it out Tuesday morning. Got it back this afternoon. I was going to put it back in but we had rain showers on & off all day. I'll get it in tomorrow morning and take the car for a drive then report on how I feel it has improved. Bill

Back