Hondata Releases 2012 Honda Civic Si ECU Reflash!!

Is it safe for out motors to rev this high? I cant blow up another car! Im limiter happy so maybe i shouldnt raise mine lol.

the previous hondata reflash for the 8th gen si was 8600rpm. I never saw any threads with issues over the rev limit.

ive just read things before about revving k24s high being a problem, something with the long stroke(no homo)

In the 8thgen world, a lot of people are doing k24 swaps and some are having issues. But they're revving to 8k and over. That having been said, I did a 3rd to 2nd twice in this car and it still runs as fast as the day I got it. For the record, I don't know how I was able to pull that off.

In the 8thgen world, a lot of people are doing k24 swaps and some are having issues. But they're revving to 8k and over. That having been said, I did a 3rd to 2nd twice in this car and it still runs as fast as the day I got it. For the record, I don't know how I was able to pull that off.

You reflashed? And thats always my fear when grabbin 4th lol was in the car with my buddy when he went 3rd to 2nd in a week old type r on the highway racing, sad day.

flashpro isn't to blame on a bad shift. You can do that stock and blow the motor the same way.

^who said anything about blaming flashpro. We're saying that the motor is strong given that it handled several overrevs and was used in the Thunderhill race. This loops back to the convo about flashpro becasue people were inquiring about how flashpro's ability to allow 7600 redline may be detrimental to the motor.

"thats always my fear when grabbin 4th lol was in the car with my buddy when he went 3rd to 2nd "

When I originally read that ^, I thought he was putting blame on flashpro. Like it would allow it to rev higher/blow... when it'd do the same thing stock (downshifting 3 --> 2).

datssomerevs.jpg

overspeed.png

134mph downshifting to 3rd gear?

Vit is a legend tuner and capable to tune our K24z7 motor to downshift from 6th to 3rd with no problem/issue!

The graph shows 4th to 3rd gear @ 134 mph. Lol.

How do you hit nearly 10k in an overrev? Was this person trying to shift at 7600rpm?

LOL that's my car. I didn't shift to 3rd, it was 4th gear going into neutral, but the motor was spinning so fast and I clutched in before letting off the throttle which caused the overrev (and the ECU thinks you're going into a lower gear because of how that gear calculator works).

Wait so if I push in my clutch without letting off the throttle the rpm's will shoot past the rev limiter and fuel cutoff?

clutch in revving - it should hit the rev limiter/fuel cutoff

clutch in revving - it should hit the rev limiter/fuel cutoff

Should, could, does, but when you're spinning the motor at 26psi and clutch in before letting off the throttle it'll overrev, guaranteed. It has to do with the momentum of the rotating assembly, the rev limiter will cut fuel, but it can't put the brakes on your crank shaft lol

Back