Hondata Releases 2012 Honda Civic Si ECU Reflash!!

Disregard this tardo's post. His engine is fine even revving that high. Also his gearing lets him hit 145+ in 4th lol.

Should, could, does, but when you're spinning the motor at 26psi and clutch in before letting off the throttle it'll overrev, guaranteed. It has to do with the momentum of the rotating assembly, the rev limiter will cut fuel, but it can't put the brakes on your crank shaft lol
Oh I get it. On a normal naturally aspirated motor it shouldn't be a problem then right. Say I wanna try power shifting and actually use the rev limiter.

Oh I get it. On a normal naturally aspirated motor it shouldn't be a problem then right. Say I wanna try power shifting and actually use the rev limiter.

You'll be fine, with a 7600 limiter you'll hit maybe 7800 when powershifting.

My post was more for laughs than anything else as my motor is built for those revs anyway -- it's just not the kind of revs you see everyday lol.

I understand completely. I was just making sure if I wanted to play around with powershifting I wouldn't hit like 9k rpms on accident because the ecu was to slow to catch the limiter. And honestly what is the benefit to raising the rev limiter to 7600. I'm fine with the stock redline I think

Horsepower keeps increasing or staying level -- what makes you fast is average power under the curve. Shifting right at peak power is generally not the fastest way to accelerate.

is flashpro only available for the Si trim of the civic on the 9th gen? Can it be used with an auto LX?

not released for the non-si models (yet)

What are my options with a reflash and injen intake. Will I still see gains or will the ecu re-adapt

your options? You can go stock, the hondata reflash, or the hondata flashpro. Reflash is a set tune that you cannot alter. Flashpro will let you customize the tune based on almost endless factors.

your options? You can go stock, the hondata reflash, or the hondata flashpro. Reflash is a set tune that you cannot alter. Flashpro will let you customize the tune based on almost endless factors.
I mean will I still see gains with a reflash and intake. I didn't mean to be confusing. I'm only going to get an intake and catback and it's a lease so the flashpro may be too much. I was hoping that ill still see gains with the reflash and not have the ecu revert itself

I mean will I still see gains with a reflash and intake. I didn't mean to be confusing. I'm only going to get an intake and catback and it's a lease so the flashpro may be too much. I was hoping that ill still see gains with the reflash and not have the ecu revert itself
If its a lease then the flashpro would be more beneficial. That way before turning it in you can go back to the stock tune.

If its a lease then the flashpro would be more beneficial. That way before turning it in you can go back to the stock tune.
Not to mention you can sell the flashpro unit if you decide to turn in your vehicle.

Hello,

I am new to the forum and I had a question about getting an ECU reflash for my civic 2012 si and was hoping someone could answer this for me. I'm going to purchase the ECU reflash from CorSport for $295. Then I go to the Hondata website and fill out this form, correct?: http://www.hondata.com/kseriesecuinfoform.html

On that Hondata form, it says $175 for ECU Upgrade. So is the total price $295 + $175 = $470 for the ECU Reflash? Or do I just need to pay $295 through CorSport? Thanks for any input.

Back