Hondata Releases 2012 Honda Civic Si ECU Reflash!!

contact another hondata dealer. You should be paying the $295, and then you pay to ship it to hondata as fast or slow as you want. If it's $40 bucks or whatever to overnight it... that's what it is. Hondata will ship it back to you overnight.

http://www.hondata.com/dealers.html

The shop does not ship it. You ship it. they just do the paper work and pay hondata .They Give you a copy saying you payed. You then fill out the form print it out and ship the ECU with the 2 papers.
you have to pay to ship it to Hondata. The 295 covers shipping back to you.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

You can use any Hondata dealer. Does not have to be local. You just pay them they give you invoice.
I used
http://bdpshop.com/
They are nice and email was quick. They payed Hondata before my ECU got to Hondata. So mine was only there for like 3-4 hours and then back in a box and on a plane. I know some people complaint about taking to long to get it back. Come to find out the dealer took there time to pay Hondata.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

so i actually ship the ECU directly to hondata? but i send my $$ to the shop with the ppwk, then the shop sends my $$ to hondata, so the shop never actually sees/receives my ECU?
that sounds like a stupid unnecessary step, i don't know why it doesn't just go straight to hondata :/

nah it's not a fear of uninstalling the ECU, just wary that i have to go through a middleman to ship it to them.
i don't see why they can't just take it directly, it confuses me : )

i was just trying to avoid being without a car for 2-4 days, and i've had issues with my postal service not delivering packages on time
so i don't want to be held hostage by my ECU being "lost in translation" from hondata to me :(

nah it's not a fear of uninstalling the ECU, just wary that i have to go through a middleman to ship it to them.
i don't see why they can't just take it directly, it confuses me : )

i was just trying to avoid being without a car for 2-4 days, and i've had issues with my postal service not delivering packages on time
so i don't want to be held hostage by my ECU being "lost in translation" from hondata to me :(
Ya can you imagine if your ECU gets lost in the mail! Your f*cked!! :bricks:

^they use fedex..."the middle man" setup works because it means hondata doesn't need to track sales / manage consumer financial data. It's the same reason why you don't buy directly from Skunk2 and virtually every other parts manufacturer.

fair enough.
i was just confused because the shop i talked to said it's like $350-$400 total including shipping, which seemed very steep for me since the flash with return ship is $295

which is why you need to pick another shop. You should only be paying them the $295 (or less). The shipping to get it to hondata is on you, and then hondata ships it back. You shouldn't be paying any of their shops more than the cost of the hondata reflash. Some vendors sell it for like $5-10 off.

yeah that's what i figured webs. i pay the shop $295, they give me a reference # or whatever, and then i ship it to hondata with the paperwork include to prove i paid for it, hondata flashes, and mails it to me...
so really i could use a shop in california if i wanted right? (i live in NY) since the ECU never actually goes to the shop?

correct... you can pick any shop in the their entire network. They never touch your ecu, so the shops location is of no concern.

211hp/187tq at the wheels on a stock setup...without mods :corndance:

Webby.... dang, you run a rice Forum here... much appreciated.

Are these numbers above for the new reflash by Hondata? Would you happen to know if it also addresses the rev hang issue? Thx!
... the newb
(and new owner of 2012 red coupe si... with obnoxious rev hang)

welcome bruce,...
the reflash does in fact help the rev hang. Users here who've done the reflash have said it helped quite a bit.

you may also want to read this
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-si-rev-hang-software-update.4857/

Thx... Read about this update before I bought the car, although the dealer didn't have the update as of a couple weeks ago. Maybe Honda is rolling out the update, dunno. In the past, rev hang was treated with a similar update but only if the customer complained. Apparently Honda wants to retain it's CARB bragging rights. To some the 9th gen rev hang is considered to be the worst ever. No wonder Honda is discontinuing the car.

Funny thing. I've owned nothing but Hondas and this SI could be best one yet. A great mid-life crisis car, and so much cheaper than a mistress. :) But so far in a month I've got a whopping 21 miles on it. Can't stand the rev hang... and "over rev" (as some call it) whereby the engine continues to accelerate even after you've released the throttle. It gets more complicated because the reflash solution could be used to deny warranty coverage. Then I start reading about oil consumption -- yikes! This is almost the same 2.4 my 2009 Accord has (which doesn't burn a drop) so I'm wondering what's up with that. I'm almost afraid the drive the thing! :)

Thanks for the help... great great site.

you can do the other later, yes. Basically the reflash is one tune. The pro allows for total customization/tuning for any aftermarket parts/forced induction, etc.
In addition to being a single tune only, the reflash by it's nature must be a very conservative tune since you can't tweak it afterwards.

Back